[C++ASM] Problem hooking

Started by
18 comments, last by roby65 15 years, 10 months ago
Hi guys, i'm learning hooking and i have problems with parameters..... code in asm: --- push param call realfunc realfunc: jmp mycode [C++] int _stdcall mycode(int id) { ... } --- now, the problem: id is incorrect, if i push 100 another value is found in id.....why?! i can't find out the problem.... :( edit: _stdcall is because the original asm code wants the return value into eax :)
Advertisement
Why aren't you calling mycode(int) directly? I'm pretty sure the problem here is that you are pushing the parameter, then making a call which will push the return address, then jumping (why?) to the function you really want, which will probably then have its own prologue to set up a new stack frame - leaving your desired parameter essentially in the middle of nowhere.

Just

push paramcall mycode
[TheUnbeliever]
it's because i have to hook a function that's called in more points of a program, so the "jmp mycode" is into the start of the real function......
In that case, I'm guessing the problem is still the stack frame that mycode is setting up. I'm not sure what compiler you're using, but you probably want an equivalent of __declspec(naked).
[TheUnbeliever]
What you think is the parameter might be the original return address.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Quote:Original post by TheUnbeliever
In that case, I'm guessing the problem is still the stack frame that mycode is setting up. I'm not sure what compiler you're using, but you probably want an equivalent of __declspec(naked).

i tryed to use it, but i get problems getting the parameter.....
maybe there is another declaration specification that i have to use?
Quote:Original post by LessBread

Oops. Maybe I'm talking nonsense.
[TheUnbeliever]

yes it could be, but the return works well..... (it returns to the point after the call...)
What do you get as the (wrong) value of the argument?
[TheUnbeliever]

OMG it's true, i checked right now.....how to fix this? :(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement