Game Test using DarkGDK

Started by
2 comments, last by Kurama_gamer 15 years, 10 months ago
Hey guys, It has been a while that I wanted to program games, and my first contact with this programming part was with the DarkGDK, and now that I got some free time I started playing with it. I decided to make my version of Space Invaders using this library, following a tutorial included in the folder of this library. Then, I read it and basically wrote down the whole code myself to get every single detail of it. Then I decided to make a test, to create a window with a space background and a spaceship that goes left and right on the screen. I developed its code, cleaned it up the maximum I could, build it, no errors no warnings no nothing is found (good =D), but when i run it boom... a window is drawn, not in fullscreen as I set in the code, and it keeps blinking (refreshing) and nothing else appears >:( So I come here to ask for help =D I hope someone that knows DarkGDK can help! My complete code is here: http://www.badongo.com/file/9935964
Advertisement
void DarkGDK ( void ){	while ( LoopGDK() )	{		gameSetup();//<--Right there		dbSync();	}}

Well that would be the problem--calling gameSetup every frame. Should be:
void DarkGDK ( void ){        gameSetup();	while ( LoopGDK() )	{		playerUpdate();		dbSync();	}}
Just a small unrelated note - in C++, there is no need to write "void" in an empty argument list, just write empty parenthesis, e.g., void backgroundSetup ().
Thanks TheDirt, really just a little thing can make all the difference!

And I also had to add a backgroundUpdate() function which draws the sprite of my loaded image and add that to my loop =D
And add a line at my playerUpdate() function, corresponding to the creation of my sprite.

And thanks for the tip Gage64 =D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement