[OGRE] windows.h faliure

Started by
3 comments, last by DividedByZero 15 years, 9 months ago
Okay, now I'm starting to go postal. I've been sitting for five hours straight, trying to figure this out, still it laughs me in the face. I'm trying to get Ogre work with VC++ 2005 Express Edition. I've installed VC++ (obviously) with SP1, MSDN (needed?), Microsoft SDK and the latest Ogre SDK (naturally). Now to the problem (which seems rather simple), whenever I try to compile one of the sample programs, I get the error fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory. Something tells me this is very simple, but I just can't seem to find the answer. Please help me! Edit: Found something here, but the links are redirect wrongly (I guess). Anyone who can help? [Edited by - Obbedemus on July 5, 2008 4:17:54 PM]
( /)(O.o)(> <)This is Bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Advertisement
wiki instructions
Quote:
If you are using Visual C++ Express (vc 8.0) for the first time, make sure you do all 5 steps here prior to using the Ogre SDK for vc8.0. Visual C++ Express does not come with the windows headers and libraries so the second step in that MSDN link is to download the Microsoft Platfrom SDK (PSDK) which has what Express does not. If you don't install the PSDK and do steps 3, 4, and 5 then you will get compiler errors like can't find 'windows.h' etc
Quote:Something tells me this is very simple, but I just can't seem to find the answer
Do you have the Platform SDK? windows.h is part of the Windows API, which comes with the platform SDK.

Before you run off to download it, consider getting VC++ 2008 Express Edition. It should also come with the platform SDK, but as a bonus you get an updated version of the EE.
I have the Platform SDK (=Microsoft SDK?). Meanwhile, I'll try from the beginning...
Thanks though!

Okay, I had screwed up. Somewhere SDK was not properly installed. Now I get another message instead;
1>------ Build started: Project: Demo_Terrain, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>Terrain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__MessageBoxA@16
1>..\..\bin\Release/Demo_Terrain.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\OgreSDK\samples\obj\Release\BuildLog.htm"

What am I doing wrong?

I'm a moron. Installed DirectX and SDK properly and now it works just fine. Man, I feel so stupid sometimes...

[Edited by - Obbedemus on July 5, 2008 5:21:29 PM]
( /)(O.o)(> <)This is Bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Is your project a Win32 or Console project?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement