toturial 6 and up

Started by
4 comments, last by jovial girl 15 years, 10 months ago
hi every one ... I'm learning how to create project with openGL but when I reached tuturial 6 it didn't make run correctly what I mean is when I start running the window didn't appear and message appered instead said that the initialization failed ... how can I solve this problem pleeeeeeeeeeese help me I would love to continue this totourial. I'm waiting
Advertisement
Please post the exact error message.
I'm just guessing, but there arent too many possible errors in tutorial 6, unless one likes to do something own not related to tutorial 6.

So, you're using Win32?

I guess the error is a lack of bmp file.
So make sure you have the texture to load in tutorial 6.
There is a list of downloads on the bottom of the page. Theyre mainly for those using other than Win32, but they generally have the same files. Thus, for examble Glut file has raw instead of bmp. If you fail to find a bmp file, create one your self. Basicly just draw smiley on it, name it correctly and place in correct directory.
about the message that appear it said initilisation failed

and about the code I used that exist in the toturial itself ??

what should I do ??
Quote:Original post by jovial girl
about the message that appear it said initilisation failed

We need the exact error message - word for word. Are you saying that the exact error message is "initialization failed"? Just those two words?

Quote:and about the code I used that exist in the toturial itself ??

I don't understand what you're asking here.

I would recommend that you step through the program with the debugger to pin-point the line that causes the error. Once you've found it, post it here.
hi

I glad to say I solved the problem ...

It was happened becouse the folder of the picture my foult is that I put the picture with the code in the same folder put when I put it in folder and renamed it Date it works

thanks you all for your help

god bless you

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement