Depending on this forum

Started by
6 comments, last by rodneyldixon 22 years, 10 months ago
Ok, I''ve went to the contact page on www.shockwave.com, and chose the topic about Shockwave Development, and asked a question about the Development of the latest Shockmachine, and it has been a week, and they still haven''t emailed me back. So this is what I asked them, What Dev Tools was used to create the latest version of Shockmachine? All it is, is a simple question. So since it has been a week, I just kept doing the same thing, over and over again, but they still haven''t emailed me back. So then I went to google and did some major searching by typing in the following keywords: Shockmachine Development (1st time) Shockmachine Programming (2nd time) And all it kept showing me was this site on macromedia, and when I went there, it just told me about Making Shockmachine Cartidges using Director 8 & Flash. So that''s when I got the idea to come here and ask because I finally took a hint and went to google and did some searching, but never did it return any valuable information that I needed. So this is why I''m depending on this forum. Thanks for answering
Advertisement
I am sure they used a compiler of some sort along with many other tools but what on earth makes you think that we know any more than you do on this matter?

What do you want to know this for? Why is this important to you? In what possible way can this be holding you up?

If you want to write some code then just use any compiler.
Posted over and over, huh?

Good thing I''m not on the recieving end of that ShockWave company... I''d be experiencing some very annoying Deja-Vu.

Why do you do that, rodney?

WHY?

Thank you for your bandwidth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Succinct Demos Online~
I am a software engineer who writes poetic code!
-- Succinct(Don't listen to me)
WHY?
lol, WHY?
Rodney,

Look, they probably used MSVC. But that doesn''t matter. A programming language is just a tool. If you were crazy enough, you could probably write a shock machine in Cobol. You use the one that fits you. I''ve said this before. Its the programmer that counts. The use of tools can only get you so far, the rest all boils down to you.

Now which one fits you? I can''t answer that. But seeing your previous posts where you said you were doing C++, my advice is stick to it. Sure, it''ll be hard at first, but trust me, its worth it.

On to your actual question. What if you knew what tools they used? Is that going to help you at all? At this moment in time, the answer is a definite NO. You can''t run if you can''t walk. You can''t walk if you can''t stand. You can''t stand if you can''t sit. You can''t sit if you can''t roll over. So work on rolling over first.

We didn''t get to where we are now by just sitting around twiddling out thumbs dreaming. We put in effort. That''s what you''ve got to do too. When I say effort, it refers to sitting down, reading what you''ve got (and understanding it), working through the samples, and finally writing your own programs (simple ones first, then get progressively harder).

Let''s make this clear here. I''ll gladly post more help if needed, only if you read and put in some effort.
==========================================In a team, you either lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY.
quote:Original post by NuffSaid

Rodney,

Look, they probably used MSVC. But that doesn''t matter. A programming language is just a tool. If you were crazy enough, you could probably write a shock machine in Cobol. You use the one that fits you. I''ve said this before. Its the programmer that counts. The use of tools can only get you so far, the rest all boils down to you.

Now which one fits you? I can''t answer that. But seeing your previous posts where you said you were doing C++, my advice is stick to it. Sure, it''ll be hard at first, but trust me, its worth it.

On to your actual question. What if you knew what tools they used? Is that going to help you at all? At this moment in time, the answer is a definite NO. You can''t run if you can''t walk. You can''t walk if you can''t stand. You can''t stand if you can''t sit. You can''t sit if you can''t roll over. So work on rolling over first.

We didn''t get to where we are now by just sitting around twiddling out thumbs dreaming. We put in effort. That''s what you''ve got to do too. When I say effort, it refers to sitting down, reading what you''ve got (and understanding it), working through the samples, and finally writing your own programs (simple ones first, then get progressively harder).

Let''s make this clear here. I''ll gladly post more help if needed, only if you read and put in some effort.

I kinda like working with Delphi since I can design my UI very easily. But I don''t think that it is possible to create a Shockmachine in Delphi even though it is a application builder. But on the other hand, I kinda like working with C++ too, because I''m starting to understand it''s concepts bits, by bits, by bits. And I''m thinking by the end of this month, I''m going to probably be creating some pretty good applications. Probably not as good as the one you or the others create, but they''ll work for me because I am the one who is going to create them, so that makes me really proud of myself. And if I work really hard, about a couple of months from now I may be able to create a emulator, but I have to work really hard.

Also, when you said if I knew what tools was used to create Shockmachine, would that help me, YES it will in the long run, but as you said, (AND I AGREE) probably not right now. Because I have to work my way up there, even though it will take me some time (LOTS, & LOTS,) that''s why I going to work my way up to create emulators, 3D Games, Windows applications, and much much more.

I will glady show some effort if someone will help me get of to the right track, (since I am a newbie at programming.) Right now I starting to build my webpage so everyone can see what I have been doing, and working on.

So please help me out. THANKS!
Dangit rodney, for the last time:

1. You aren''t ready to write ShockMachine. You are barely ready to write Hello World. Writing shockmachine is something you might be ready for in 5 years, if you work really hard, which I have yet to see you do. Go write a text RPG and come back when you''re done.

2. It doesn''t matter what they used to write shockmachine. If you can''t understand that, then you might not even be ready to write Hello World. Go write a text RPG and come back when you''re done.

3. You have been annoying people here, and I have been getting complaint e-mails. I have already talked to you once about appropriate content of posts via e-mail. You don''t seem to have listened very well, although thankfully repetitiveness seems to have dropped a bit. If you want people to ever take you seriously, you need to buckle down and take their advice rather than posting the same question over and over and not believing people when they say things like "it doesn''t matter what they used to write *insert current rodney-interest*", which has been said more times than I care to count. Go write a text RPG and come back when you''re done.

And, in conclusion, knowing the language they used to write shockmachine or anything else will not help you in ANY way, go write a text RPG and come back when you''re done.

Thank you.

-fel

~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement