Mac OS X Leopard: Python Launcher problems

Started by
1 comment, last by Oluseyi 15 years, 7 months ago
I've installed both the ActiveState and Python.org distributions since purchasing my Mac, but only the Python.org distribution was set up so as it work with PyGame, for instance. (I haven't gotten to the bottom of why.) Much more troubling is that I can't configure Python Launcher to run my arbitrary Python scripts from Finder by double clicking. In the few instances where I got it to run, it also displayed an alert stating "The document '<script>.py' could not be opened." Any ideas/experiences? I read a bug report that claimed to have checked in a fix, but that was after the last official build for OS X, so I guess I'll either have to build MacPython from source or wait until the 2.6RC or something. Getting Python working smoothly is kind of important for me, as I have articles in progress I'd like to finish.
Advertisement
I've had tremendous issues getting python to work on my computer. Something about /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework interfering with my build and install from source. Might be worth removing the framework and doing a clean install from source, making sure you enable the creation of the framework...

Normally, the issue comes from installing python multiple times (which tends to happen when you install, since it normally comes pre-installed...)

Sorry I can't be of more help...
That's okay. I've been doing some more research and I've learned that the Apple-provided version of Python (2.5.1, supposedly; it might get updated with the 10.5.5 updated recently published) is stored in /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework, whereas the third-party distributions go in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework (which I nuked last night [smile])

So, yeah, I'll do a build from source when I get home and see what happens.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement