source code plugin for MS word

Started by
2 comments, last by BlackSeeds 15 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I wasn't really sure where to post this. I was wondering if there were any plug-ins for word that could provide some nice support for writing formatting ans syntax highlighting source code in a document. Obviously I don't want to code in word, but I am just started in my final year of uni and have started my final project report. I will be required to post lots of snippets of source code and explain what its for and what i'ts doing so when I did some today its amazing how unreadable non syntax highlighted code can be. I've a look around cant seem to find anything on the subject when I search i keep getting this related to visual studio. If anyone has thought about this before and found something it would be much appreciated Cheers Alex
Advertisement
You can just copy from Visual Studio into Word, and it should keep the formatting. At least with anything later than MSVC 6 and Word 95.
If you type code up into Visual Studio and then do a copy/paste into Word, it should maintain the syntax hilighting. It's always done that for me.
just tried it and it works,

cheers! cant believe I haven't already tried this I was just writing some pseudo code before which made me think.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement