[web] PHP encoder

Started by
16 comments, last by Sander 15 years, 6 months ago
Hi I want to encode PHP files, making files unreadable. Which PHP encoder is the best buy considering options/price? thanks in advance
Advertisement
The term you're looking for is an "obfuscator." Here are some Google results for you.

However, it's pretty uncommon to have to obfuscate server-side code. Are you delivering your PHP code to a client that you don't want to be able to read the source code?
Quote:Original post by BeanDog
The term you're looking for is an "obfuscator." Here are some Google results for you.

However, it's pretty uncommon to have to obfuscate server-side code. Are you delivering your PHP code to a client that you don't want to be able to read the source code?

No, I'm familiar with obfuscator term, and maybe I did wrote the bad word. I need encrypter, that will be totally unreadable and impossible to reverse the whole code to normal. Obfuscators are however hard to read but not impossible to revers engineer.

Also it is a plus if it can handle &#106avascripts too...
Quote:Original post by streamer

No, I'm familiar with obfuscator term, and maybe I did wrote the bad word. I need encrypter, that will be totally unreadable and impossible to reverse the whole code to normal. Obfuscators are however hard to read but not impossible to revers engineer.

Also it is a plus if it can handle &#106avascripts too...<!--QUOTE--></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE><!--/QUOTE--><!--ENDQUOTE-->As far as I'm aware it's impossible to do that. PHP needs to be able to run the code, and as such you can always just reverse-process it.<br><br>Why do you need to do this anyway?
The main problem is that our company is delivering complete servers with code for a good money. Nowadays it is pretty easy to clone a complete hard disks and make another server of it, and we don't want to something like that happen. Many people can access the hard disks, and complete machine also. There is slight possibility that some other users can access and change php code too. That's why I need some very GOOD protection to protect code we have written.
In this case if I can encode/encrypt a complete code, some piece if code in PHP can be wrote to bind code to that particular server via ip.

But if there is any other option of doing the same thing, I am open for any advice you guys can think off.

thanks
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve

Also it is a plus if it can handle &#106avascripts too...
As far as I'm aware it's impossible to do that. PHP needs to be able to run the code, and as such you can always just reverse-process it.

Why do you need to do this anyway?

You're wrong there is one encrypter I am aware of. It is PHP source guardian. It is made as PHP extension, and it fully encrypts the php code. But I would like to know if there is any other piece of software that can do better. Source Guardian cannot handle for example &#106avascripts.<br>
You're wrong there is one encrypter I am aware of. It is PHP source guardian. It is made as PHP extension, and it fully encrypts the php code. But I would like to know if there is any other piece of software that can do better. Source Guardian cannot handle for example &#106avascripts.<!--QUOTE--></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE><!--/QUOTE--><!--ENDQUOTE-->Actually, he's right. PHP source guardian <i>can</i> decrypt your PHP source, therefore it is <i>possible</i> for your source code to be decrypted. You can't have PHP code which is <i>impossible</i> to read, otherwise you can't execute that code. <br><br>An alternative would be to convert the PHP source to some other programming language, which would mean that the end result is perfectly readable and executable, but it cannot be reverse-transformed into PHP code. Sadly, because of the dynamic and reflexive nature of PHP, this is next to impossible.<br>
Bad news [sad]. So there is no chance to protect somehow the code? I just don't want people to edit or list the code.
Does this help you? http://www.zend.com/en/products/guard/
Quote:Original post by Konfusius
Does this help you? http://www.zend.com/en/products/guard/

Thanks I will download it and take a look at it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement