Sign in to follow this  

wglSwapIntervalEXT on Linux

This topic is 3316 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Not as loony as it sounds. I'm porting an OGL app from Windows to Linux, and to my surprise the driver (ATI's fglrx 2.1.7412 on a Radeon HD 2400 XT) claims via glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS) to support WGL_EXT_swap_control. Brilliant, I think. So I declare the function prototypes manually and call glXGetProcAddress("wglSwapIntervalEXT"). Sadly, this returns NULL. So I try "glSwapIntervalEXT", which does return a function ptr, but causes a seg fault when I try and call it. So, am I doing something wrong here? Or are ATI just lying?

No sign of GLX_SGI_swap_control, but the ptr to glXSwapIntervalSGI is there, and works. Looks like ATI stuck the wrong string in their GL_EXTENSIONS string!

Thanks!

Yes, WGL extensions are windows only, seems like they have put WGL_EXT_swap_control instead of GLX_SGI_swap_control into the extension string. With my nvidia card I get GLX_SGI_swap_control under linux and WGL_EXT_swap_control under windows.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit weird. I get GL_WIN_swap_hint under Linux as well, and I bet that's not real either. ;)

BTW, is there anything similar to WGL_EXT_extensions_string or WGL_ARB_extensions_string I should look out for as well?

This topic is 3316 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.