meshes front and back and fvf

Started by
3 comments, last by jollyjeffers 15 years, 5 months ago
Hy. I'm created some mesh ,and in front all work fine ,but when i rotate the mesh the back appear bad. Why? ANd i use D3DFVF_XYZ | D3DFVF_NORMAL | D3DFVF_TEX1; for fvf mesh. so if i try this format :D3DFVF_XYZ | D3DFVF_NORMAL without tex i get error when i set the vertexes
Advertisement
nobody?
What do you mean "appears bad"? Does this happen with other models?
the back faces appear invisible when for sample i rotate the model :
in the front all work fine , but when the rotation reach a back face the face become invisible.
Thanks.
Remember to help us to help you - "appears bad" isn't much for us to work with. If we have to guess your question it's quite likely that the answer will be wrong [wink]

Sounds to be like a back-face culling / "winding order" issue. Try setting D3DRS_CULLMODE to be D3DCULL_NONE and I'd imagine it'll go away. Likewise, setting the same state to D3DCULL_CW you'll find the problem inverted - can't see the front, but can see the back.

The proper solution is to reorder the vertices/indices so that all triangles in an individual draw call share the same winding order - all clockwise or all anti-clockwise.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement