Dungeon of Peril

Started by
2 comments, last by _Austin 15 years, 5 months ago
"Start small" is a concept that I have far too long neglected to employ, resulting in my failure to accomplish anything. I fear that I have done so again with this project, but I've written all this code, so I may as well present it to you for some constructive criticism. My last project was a text-based tic-tac-toe game. This time I decided to create a text-based RPG. Of course, I couldn't make it simple. No, I had to try to use the d20 system. Anyway, here's the download. The game isn't nearly finished: it's not even remotely balanced, there isn't really a way to win, the final boss monster can be encountered after it has been slain, there's only four kinds of monsters, there is no armor, and classes haven't been inplemented. I'm not really as concerned about the gameplay as much as I'm concerned about the programming, since I'll probably abandon this project and start something SIMPLER, as I should have done from the start. EDIT: Read the source! But! read only if ye be men of valor, for the source has no comments and the code is so foul, so cruel that no man yet has looked at it and lived! Bones of four fifty men lie strewn about its IDE. So, brave programmers, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty big pointers. [Edited by - Fenrisulfr on November 23, 2008 11:28:21 AM]
Advertisement
Great way to get people interested in your game; Tell them its not finished, then tell them you're going to abadon in anyway...
I'm sorry; I seem to have miscommunicated my intent.
Quote:Original post by Fenrisulfr
I've written all this code, so I may as well present it to you for some constructive criticism.

I was hoping that I might recieve some criticism on the code that I had written, which, in retrospect, wasn't a brilliant idea either.

In future I shall restrict myself to specific questions and make the purpose of my posts clear at once.

Happy Thanksgiving.
What kind of critique of your code are you looking for? How easily it can be read/followed/understood/maintained/scaled? Is your code optimized? Is it the most efficient way to do what you've done?

You lost me... please be a bit more specific. Thanks!

- Austin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement