Pix "Failed to process vertices"

Started by
-1 comments, last by Matt Aufderheide 15 years, 5 months ago
I'm trying to render a animated mesh. but I have a bug somewhere. When I try to render using the retail version of D3D9 I dont see the model. Using Pix in the render tab there is nothing, but in the mesh tab you can see the geometry rendered in the viewport. I also tried using the debug version of D3D9, with the appropriate flags set. So that I could debug the program. However under the mesh tab under PostVS and Viewport it simply says "Failed to process vertices". So I can't debug this problem. Looking at the debug output it says "Unsupported renderstate D3DRS_INDEXEDVERTEXBLENDENABLE.". Note this only occurs when using the debug version D3D9. I have tried this using my own shader and the fixed function pipeline. I have tried this with a different model in the same format. (I'm using my own max exporter for both models). This model is rendered. Obviously there are numerous things that could cause invisible geometry. But can anyone suggest why I might be getting the "Failed to process vertices" message and how I could get rid of it. So that I can debug the code? I've just installed NVidia latest perfSDK and drivers and I'm using a Gf8800GTS. if that makes any difference. Tia Eternal Newbie

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement