Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

DirectX 10 - video rendering

Started by sms-timing Jan 12, 2009 at 2:58 PM 1 replies 1.2k views
Original Post
sms-timing
sms-timing
Hi Currently I'm rendering movies using a third party component based on VMR9. I use this component since I needed a quick proof of concept. I can render 2 seperate movies simultaniously with on a dual core system at a cpu rate of 80%. The stupid thing is that this components uses directshow 9 on a visible window with a width and height of 0. I need the videoframes as a Texture2D because I use them for skinning and non "just show" rectangular effects. Everything is written in c# - slimDX, but any example / idea / lead / improvement in any language would be helpfull. Since everything is D3D 10, I would like to use as many 10 stuff as possible. kind regards Alexander
agaudreau
agaudreau
I tried to do this with dx9 in c++ and I found:

direct draw didnt come with this ability so to work around it I would have to gain access to the raw bitmap data in each frame and format it into a texture object.

Video for windows gives you what you need for the most part but never worked for me because it couldnt find the codex it needed even though it was installed.

quicktime gives you frame access also but ... its quicktime...
sms-timing
sms-timing
Currently I'm using directshow and DirectX 9 in a DirectX10 application. That is actually insane.
Did somebody ever worked with the windows media foundation and was somebody able to get the managed version up and running?

kind regards

Alexander

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.