PR4 Beta 7

Started by
6 comments, last by ChrisE 22 years, 10 months ago
Beta 7 is now on the FTP. Here is a list of changes: * Vertex shaders and pixel shaders completed * Added ability to use custom FVF and vertex shader declarations * Added dynamic lightmaps to BSP engine * Added bump mapping support to BSP engine * Updated PRO Edit documentation for progressive meshes and vertex/pixel shaders * Added MD2, 3DS animation, Particle Effect support to CHR Edit * Added character tweening using vertex shaders to Character library * Added ability to change sound volume in Character files * Added CHR Edit documentation * Added LS file creation in CHR Edit so characters can be used in LStudio instantly * Added character LOD example * Added vertex reordering flag to file format so saved progressive meshes work properly * Fixed loaded bump textures on cards that don''t support it * Added new icons for all utilities and fixed bug where it wasn''t showing the correct icon in the taskbar * Fixed coolbar bug that would cause the program to freeze up if you resized the window too small * Added proper d3d pipeline support for env mapped objects (axis now affects texture transform, scale is correct) * Added PR_SetWindow function and PR_Globals.PR_WindowHandle * Compiled PRO and Biped exporters for 3DS MAX4 * Disabled 3D Now quaternion multiply because it was giving incorrect results sometimes * Fixed lightmap_add with d3d pipeline * Removed wbuffering (was more trouble than it is worth) and fixed up zbuffering problems with mixing pipelines * User/Scene camera in PRO Edit is finally functional * Material, Texture and alpha polygon arrays now automatically expand so you won''t run out of memory (ie you can allocate just 1 texture at the start of the program and it reallocates the array as needed)
Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
Advertisement
Chris,

I remember that you posted in these columns a thread about the PR 4 final release and the objective was something like middle July...

Is it right and do you think you''ll get it ready for that range ?

However, could you post a little brief of your calendar on the different beta and final releases ?

By knowing that now, it could help us a lot on knowing where you''ll be working on and where we should find some code changes.

Thanks,

Amadrias
France
Just agree with Amadrias.

-s Eibon.
My plan at this point is to work on the main documentation and see how long that takes. I doubt it will be totally done mid July but certainly very close.

There are a few things that I want to complete that may take a long time:

Lightwave 6.5 exporters
Milkshape exporter
Matrix palette skinning using vertex shaders
dozen or so small improvements to the terrain engine

I will continue to work on a few of the large features each release as well as fix lots of the minor ones. I can''t give you exact dates for the remaining features. Why not treat every beta as the final release from now on and everything else I add is a bonus

If there are any features you need that I haven''t mentioned let me know.

Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
tried compiling character LOD example in debug mode, but giving me a crash on CHR_RenderCharacter.

i commented out CHR_RenderCharacter to see if there is any further errors and realised that it crashed in:

if (entity_character->CurrentMotion == MOTION_NONE)
CHR_InitiateMotion (entity_character, 0); </i>
tried compiling character LOD example in debug mode, but giving me a crash on CHR_RenderCharacter.

i commented out CHR_RenderCharacter to see if there is any further errors and realised that it crashed in:

if (entity_character->CurrentMotion == MOTION_NONE)
CHR_InitiateMotion (entity_character, 0); </i>
I don''t see the "don''t wrap the landscape" switch listed, and I don''t see it in Landscape Studio.

Is that in the new beta, or will it be coming soon? And if it is already in, where is it located?

A maya exporter, if you''ve got time, would be nice....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement