Lesson 13 .

Started by
6 comments, last by Tha_HoodRat 22 years, 9 months ago
How come the program doesnt work in full screen mode? At least on a voodoo 3 , win 2k.
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
Advertisement
You broke it ... bleh, no I dont know, but Voodoo 3''s are quite old, you should take some time to invest in a newer vid. card. Sorry, that wasnt much help, but I dont know.
bad!
Your words are painfully true.
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
ek... voodoo3. Thats a product I hope to never remember after this decade.

- Twilight Terror of Syntesis
- Twilight Terror of Syntesis
Actually, I have a Voodoo 5, 5500. Doesn''t work full screen on mine either. I was told with Voodoo cards there is a driver issue, and you need the very latest drivers to fix it. *shrug*
The best cards for running any OpenGL tuts are Nvidia''s range of chipsets. 3DFX''s Voodoo''s chipset seem to run OpenGL poorley and I think require the MiniGL drivers.

Voodoo''s were prodominantly desgined to utilize the glide API and they do this very well (Unreal engine) but now that Glide has become obsolete It''s hard to find much stuff that voodoo''s run well.

Thats my opinion anyway may be wrong but I know how frustrating it must be to try and find drivers because 3DFX the chipset Producers went bust.

~Steve~
I think it''s your driver set or something. I''ve run OpenGL in WinME, 98, and 2K with no problems at all. Try updating or using a different version of drivers, before you go and buy a new video card, ''cause it''s not the card.

I know only that which I know, but I do not know what I know.
Most Possible problem with Voodoo Cards ::

1. The program trying to access 32 bit color Depth (and Voodoo3 can''t)
2. The program is loading a texture bigger then 256x256 px
Help me with my Isometric OpenGL engine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement