Book?

Started by
1 comment, last by Tempermental Rose 22 years, 10 months ago
I need more opinions than just the ones at the books section. What''s the best book to buy to learn Direct 3D?
==============================From The Magical World Of Tempermental Rose
Advertisement
Jim Adams is writing a DirectX 8 book, which is going to be in stores by November.

Search for one of Jim''s replies. In his signature file there is a link to his site which shows all of the topics discussed in his book.
"This is stupid. I can't believe this! Ok, this time, there really IS a bug in the compiler."... 20 mins pass ..."I'M AN IDIOT!!!"
Do you mean the same Jim Adams that's writing the book called "Programming Role-Playing-Games with DirectX 8.0"
I wouldn't call it a Direct3D book :/ It's more on how to make an RPG than do cool stuff in 3D (using DX8), of course it uses the DX8 functions that _are_ 3D. But if you want to learn D3D, then I think a book on _that_ is better...

I've ordered "Beginning Direct3D Game Programming". The title says it all, but it's full of type errors. About 1/page, but it seems like a good book anyway.

Another book called "The Zen of Direct3D Game Programming" is comming soon. I hope

EDIT - I forgot about this one: "Special Effects Game Programming with DirectX 8.0" But it's more for those that already know some D3D

}+TITANIUM+{

Edited by - Seriema on June 28, 2001 11:10:53 AM
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement