Multithreaded libraries

Started by
6 comments, last by Dr Pain 22 years, 7 months ago
I need to use the multithreaded libraries for my application, but because you linked with the single-threaded ones, I can''t link your libs in. Any chance you could release a multi-threaded version of your libraries? Just change the link options and you''ll be set. Thanks, Dave
Advertisement
Dave,

If you ignore the libc and the libcdb librarys when you link in the multi thread versions with PR, it works. My app uses multi-thread and thats all I did.
Ok, thanks. I''ll give that a try.
I finally got around to trying that, and I still get the same "already defined" linker errors (23 of them), including __cinit, _exit, __exit, __cexit... All of them are in LIBCMTD.lib.

The exact error message is:
LIBC.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __cinit already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj)

I tried ignoring the LIBCMTD library with the same results.

I would think that since the multi/single threaded option is a compile time setting, that the library would have to be compiled as either multi or single threaded.

dont link with libc.lib << this was already mentioned to you.

project->settings->link::ignore libraries
[libcd.lib libc.lib]

Edited by - zygote_mm on August 7, 2001 2:21:31 PM
Now it just gets weirder.

As I said above, I tried it ignoring libc.lib and libcdb.lib with the same errors. (that''s what "I finally got around to trying that" means, zygote

Then I closed Visual Studio and restarted it without changing anything, and it worked. Very strange.

So it looks like it does work. Guess it''s a VS "feature" that you have to close and re-open it for the setting to stick.

Thanks sduggan.
Sometimes you have to save a workspace, for VS to allow certain project and workspace changes.
You did that by closing probably.
I''ve tried every combination on this, just keep getting the same 23 link errors as above...any other hints? Obviously I''ve tried ignoring libc.lib and libcd.lib with no sucess. Also tried ignoring all default libraries which results in lots of missing externs. It seems to be just ignoring my ignore (no pun). Tried shutting down / restarting, saving workspace, starting new project...help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement