Java exports

Started by
3 comments, last by Twisol 15 years, 1 month ago
Hi. Does anyone know I which format (and how) I should export my Java program and set it up, so that I can just open the program by double clicking it? Like a Windows executable.
Advertisement
I believe you can just compile it into a JAR, and do some things to allow it to be executed or something. I'm not entirely sure - I've never gone into Java too deeply - but I think this official Java trail might be helpful. [smile]

~Jonathan
Its not working. I have this whole code written in my html file:

<html><head><title>Breakout</title></head><body>This applet requires Java SE 6.<applet code=BreakoutGame.class archive=Breakout.jar width=900 height=612></applet></body></html>

I put this html file and the jar file both on the desktop (same folder) but I get an error. Tells me it can find the BreakoutGame.class file. (I have made sure that everything is spelled correctly).
Never mind I got it :D. It appeared that Eclipse didnt export all the necessary file automatically, but I made it. So Im good, and thanks.
Sure! Might be worth mentioning that my new HTML book (released this year) says that the <applet> tag isn't standard, and recommends <object>, but hey, it works doesn't it? [smile]

~Jonathan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement