dev c++

Started by
3 comments, last by jbadams 15 years, 1 month ago
Hi my dev c++ software is not working and an error occurs when i create a new project as " build error(make.exe error)" can anyone help me out why this is happening?????????????
Advertisement
Why you shouldn't use Dev-C++. Get yourself a copy of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express or Code::Blocks instead; both are free, new and still supported.

- Jason Astle-Adams

but i want to use allegro with dev c++
that's why i wanted that.......
i know you can use allegro in cb and vc++ (correct me if im wrong)....is there something with devc++ that interest you? :D im sure cb and vc++ is waaaaaaaaay better than devc++....
Quote:Original post by jignesh2290
but i want to use allegro with dev c++
that's why i wanted that.......
Setting up Allegro with Visual C++ Express 2008 (or 2005).
Setting up Allegro with Code::Blocks.

They do also provide documentation for working with Dev-C++, but you really should not be working with it. I doubt that following the instructions at that link will actually resolve your current issue, and if you do manage to solve it you're going to run into similar problems and have trouble finding help to solve them due to the fact that the programming community has moved on to newer and better tools, mostly quite a long time ago. Whilst you may still experience some issues working with newer tools, at least you'll still be able to find reasonable help from the many other people who are also using them.

Are you sure you want to continue trying to work with Dev-C++? If you're really set on doing so you'll probably need to stick that error message you're getting into Google (or your alternative favourite search provider) and trawling through the results for a solution - I couldn't personally see one in the first few results, but it's likely that someone has encountered and solved similar problems at some point in the past.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement