Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Comrades!!

Started by Siegfried Jul 1, 2001 at 10:08 AM 89 replies 3.5k views
Original Post
Siegfried
Siegfried
Hi I''m a communist. I''m a great fan of Castro''s regime in Cuba and i''m a strong supporter of leftist causes. What is your view on commusism, capitalism and the world. perhaps u''d like to share your ideas for an ideal society.
The gaming world will never move on because of your obsession with RPGs!!!
granat
granat
I´m not surprised that you are a communist..


1. I believe that if you do that extra effort you should be rewarded..

2. Money makes the world go round.

3. People are selfish. Don´t expect people to work just to benefit society.

4. Look what happened to Russia..Now they can share their poverty.

-------------Ban KalvinB !
Vetinari
Vetinari
Communism is possibly the worst idea in the history of mankind. The only benefit of communism is that you can be stupid, incompetent, lazy, and irresponsible with no real personal consequence.


Mike
"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
SHilbert
SHilbert
Currently Communism is sharing the top spot on my Evil Things list with Linux, not as much for the idea itself as to the implementation of it and what happens to people who devote themselves to it (that goes for both communism and linux )

Gaah!
Ravuya
Ravuya
I vote for anarchy.
Vetinari
Vetinari
I''m curious, how could communism be implemented in a way that doesn''t encourage irresponsibility and poor quality goods/services?


Mike
"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
Chimaera
Chimaera
"...how could communism be implemented in a way that doesn''t encourage irresponsibility and poor quality goods/services?"

it cant.

// Chimaera


Vetinari
Vetinari
So why would anyone be for it? Or even communism-lite (ie American Democrats)?


Mike
"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
Tha_HoodRat
Tha_HoodRat
Here is my take on politics.

SOCIALISM You have two cows. You keep one and give one to your neighbour.

COMMUNISM You have two cows. The government takes them both and provides you with milk.

FASCISM You have two cows. The government takes them and sells you the milk.

BUREAUCRACY You have two cows. The government takes them both, shoots one, milks the other, pays you for the milk, and then pours it down the drain.

CAPITALISM You have two cows. You sell one and buy a bull.

CORPORATE You have two cows. You sell one, force the other to produce the milk of four cows, then act surprised when it drops dead.

DEMOCRACY You have two cows. The government taxes you to the point that you must sell them both in order to pay the taxes to support a man in a foreign country who has only one cow which was a gift from your government.

I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
Hikeeba
Hikeeba
I agree HoodRat, but you have socialism and communism mixed up there.

By the way, CAPITALISM RULES!
ArchWizard
ArchWizard
quote:
Original post by Vetinari
So why would anyone be for it? Or even communism-lite (ie American Democrats)?


Either you''re not completely familiar with the concept of Communism or you''re not familiar with the goals of the Democratic Party. I will explain the definitions I use:

Communism: The Goverment completely owns and operates all businesses and industries.
Capitalism: The government owns no businesses or industries.
Socialism: It really depends on your definition. Mine is "anything between Capitalism and Communism." It''s really a bit more complex, but that''s the gist of it.
Democratic Party: Depends on the Democrat. Some are Capitalist, and support light to moderate regulations on businesses. Others are Socialist, and support Government ownership of certain industries, such as Utilities.

"There is evil around every corner. Be careful not to step in any." -- Minsc, Baldur''s Gate
"Sir, it is pie." - Mark TwainThe ArchWizard's site.
Chimaera
Chimaera
Some people are for communism because, this world is full of idiots. Idiots make the world turn, I mean hell, America got through the Clinton presidancy, Cuba is doing.. uhh.. alright(?) with Castro..

// Chimaera
Hikeeba
Hikeeba
Communism, in the form Marx intended, has no government.

In his idea socialism was the middle step. It''s here that a big, oppressive government would beat the drive to compete out of people. Basically, it''s supposed to make people stop being people.

Then, he thought, the government would just naturally fade away and everyone would go on living like a good little commie. Never happened and never will.
phueppl1
phueppl1
Capitalism....

You gotta work hard and think clever.. if you do so, you''ll survive.... though.. well.. uh.... oh.. where will I end up? hmmm... somewhere between rubbish and hmmmm... the white house?
hehehe

cya,
Phil


Visit Rarebyte!
and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this questions a few times over in the states
Visit Rarebyte! and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this question a few times over in the states ;) )
Vetinari
Vetinari
quote:
Original post by ArchWizard
Either you''re not completely familiar with the concept of Communism or you''re not familiar with the goals of the Democratic Party.


Nitpick if you want, I called them communist-lites. I know I was a bit broad, but the far left are socialists. The goals of the Democratic party seem to be bankrupting the nation by paying for other''s irresponsibilities.


Mike

"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
os
os
Brrr… Ughh…
Capitalism is sucks, but communism is 10xSucks….

quote:
Original post by Tha_HoodRat
Here is my take on politics.

SOCIALISM You have two cows. You keep one and give one to your neighbour.

COMMUNISM You have two cows. The government takes them both and provides you with milk.




Socialism – you have no cows (government took them and drive to death)
Communism – you have a lot of cows, girls, computers & other stuff but when you wake up you note that it is socialism now and you have no cows
The Alchemist
The Alchemist
all forms of govermment sucks.

hmmm... nope... actualy people sucks...

-------------------------------
MOTHERSHIP!!! hahaha! very funny! now take me outta here!!!!!
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
Diodor
Diodor
I''m really curious about the reasons why a person in a nice successfull country like the U.K. can become a communist.

Siegfried, what are your arguments for being a communist ?

My guess is either you''ve played too much Command and Conquer, or you''re simply joking.
ArchWizard
ArchWizard
quote:
Original post by Vetinari
Nitpick if you want, I called them communist-lites. I know I was a bit broad, but the far left are socialists. The goals of the Democratic party seem to be bankrupting the nation by paying for other''s irresponsibilities.


Appearances can be deceiving. If you really want to understand the principles of the Democratic Party (or more specifically, the New Democrats or 5/65 Democrats) you should read the introduction to We''re Right, They''re Wrong by James Carville. It shouldn''t be too painful; it''s probably no worse than the agony I experience by reading Thomas Sowell''s column. And I HATE Thomas Sowell!

"There is evil around every corner. Be careful not to step in any." -- Minsc, Baldur''s Gate
"Sir, it is pie." - Mark TwainThe ArchWizard's site.
Vetinari
Vetinari
Sorry about the semi-trollish last response, I regrett it. Anyways, I would love to read Carville''s introduction, but I cannot seem to find it online; do you have a link or should I go to a bookstore? So far, from the reviews I''ve read, the book is completely one sided and full of half-truths. For instance, he mentions the hundreds of thousands the government got rid of under Clinton (the same thing Gore did in one of the debates), but neglicted to mention they ALL were lost in the DoD, because of the end of the cold war, and that other agencies GAINED people. Sure, I''ll read it with an open mind, but I would not base my vote on a one-sided book. The left propoganda that I''m use to reading is completely emotional, ALWAYS calls for more government before considering other solutions, and these causes will NEVER have enough money (''progressive'').

In theory, I don''t have a lot against the 5/65 belief, which, correct me if I''m wrong, says responsible at 5 and retire at 65, adn the gov will take care of you in need. If your ''need'' came out of irresponsibility (kids you can''t afford, alchohol/drugs, etc), I do have a problem giving you my hard earned money. In other cases, I would prefer to do it through private charities for causes I believe in that have more accountability, not my money forced by law to causes that I don''t.

Finally, I don''t like the idea of wealth redistribution. The Democrate demonize and want to punish the ''rich'', many of whom worked and continue to work very hard to get where they are. All this propoganda BS about this (joke) tax cut being ''for the rich''. If they are paying 60% of the taxes, they damn well should get 60% of the cut, no ifs and or buts about it. Please no comments about the people that only pay payroll tax don''t see any cut, they are paying for a specific (communistic, gov taking wealth and distributing it evenly) program (democratic also, btw) and will see the benifits when they retire.


Mike
"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.