Visual studio forgets build paths when closed

Started by
3 comments, last by SiS-Shadowman 14 years, 12 months ago
Yeah, VS has one of its days where it is trying to annoy me that much that I want to kill the guy who made the damn thing... Basically I have the following problem: I start VS and all variables of %PATH% are inserted in the build directories listing. I have to reset the VS settings EVERY time I start it. This is driving me nuts. Has anyone else experienced such a behavior? Does anyone know a solution?
Advertisement
Make sure you don't have two Visual Studio's open. It will save the build paths of the last Visual Studio Closed properly...
Those settings are stored in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\VCComponents.dat. Is yours borked?
That file is not present in that folder.
I'll reinstall VS and report back when it's done.
This is just awesome. I've reinstalled Visual studio completely (restarted the system) and it's still happening. That VCComponents.dat is NOT present.
I'm running on Vista x64 and I've installed Visual studio 2008 Professional.

What can I do (besides getting really really mad)?

*Edit* The next time I'm going to take a deep breath and force myself to not be stupid. I somehow added /useenv to the commandline when starting VS. That's why the PATH ended up in the VS Directories.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement