How do I go about deleting my account?

Started by
9 comments, last by Krokhin 15 years ago
Quick question. How can I delete my account? Thanks for the help.
Advertisement
To my knowledge only the staff can delete accounts, so you'll have to pm/email one of them.
We don't delete accounts simply because of the amount of interrelated data that is compromised when that happens. We recommend that you scrub your account of any personally identifying information in your profile, and then ask a staff member to disable your account (typically by setting your password to something random, so the only way to get back in is to contact a staff member and have them reset your password).

We should probably automate that at some point in the future.
$500. Cash. PM for delivery instructions.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Alternatively you could attempt to locate where the GDNet servers and their offsite backup are stored and with the proper amount of explosives get rid of all the evidence.

Toolmaker

GameDev is managed, so it collects garbage automatically.
Quote:Original post by WanMaster
GameDev is managed, so it collects garbage automatically.

It's garbage collector must be terrible for the lounge to have survived this long...
The Lounge is the garbage collector [grin]

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

Quote:Original post by Driv3MeFar
It's garbage collector must be terrible for the lounge to have survived this long...

Well that's what you get when you run a server off of only one undernourished hamster. Still waiting on the release of Diablo 3 to help this issue.
You can never delete your account. Trust me, I've tried. You're stuck here for ever, I mean, just look at me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement