haaf's game engine?!?

Started by
9 comments, last by DejaimeNeto 12 years, 4 months ago
I would like to use the haaf's 2D game engine, but there is no tutorial about how to link haaf to code::blocks there's only a tutorial for MVC, borland and the outdated dev-c++. Can someone show me how to link it to code::blocks or recommend me a page where it is explained?? :)
Advertisement
It should be about the same for most IDEs and compilers.

Add the lib directory
Project->Build Options->Search Directories->Linker->Add (add the path to the directory in which the libs live in)

Add the include directory
Project->Build Options->Search Directories->Compiler->Add (add the path to the directory in which the includes live in)

Add the libs to the project for linking
Project->Build Options->Linker Settings->Add (add whatever libs that Haaf's engine requires)

And that should get you started. Make sure you do this for both debug and release builds.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
ok guys now i've had it. i started with dev-c++ then everybody said that its outdated, so then i used code::blocks and now haaf's 2d game engine does not supprt it, i just can't make it work, so now i have a legal question. if i start using microsoft visual c++ then can i :
a) make programs for home use without limitations
b) make games for home or/and commercial use(would agree with some minor limitations)

P.S : remember i'm only asking about microsoft license not the game engines license that i will use to make games
I use HGE and Code::Blocks together without any issues. MikeTacular is correct in how to set it up. It is really very simple. Also if search the HGE forums for code block you will find lots of info.
Quote:Original post by sander242
if i start using microsoft visual c++ then can i :
b) make games for home or/and commercial use(would agree with some minor limitations)

P.S : remember i'm only asking about microsoft license not the game engines license that i will use to make games
Quote:Visual Studio Express FAQ
7. Can I use Express Editions for commercial use?
Yes, there are no licensing restrictions for applications built using Visual Studio Express Editions.

Although I'm sorry to hear you ran into troubles with Code::Blocks, but I'm sure Haaf's engine works with it. We might be able to help you iron out those problems, or you could just move onto Visual Studio (which rules, by the way).
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Ok, im giving code::blocks one more shot, but the main problem why i dropped it was that when i tried to compile the project then it says
"program name" uses an invalid compiler(i'm using the GNU GCC Compiler)
is it the wrong one??
Quote:Original post by sander242
Ok, im giving code::blocks one more shot, but the main problem why i dropped it was that when i tried to compile the project then it says
"program name" uses an invalid compiler(i'm using the GNU GCC Compiler)
is it the wrong one??

Have you installed that compiler? Code::Blocks doesn't contain a compiler. But it can use many of them.
Quote:Original post by sander242so now i have a legal question. if i start using microsoft visual c++ then can i :

Yes, The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition is fully-featured, no limitations, it's just missing a few advanced IDE, debugger and optimization tools from the more expensive Editions. It's very useable. I wouldn't expect the missing features would trouble you. Once you adapt, you're going to find the Visual Studio Environment a big step up from Dev C++ and a step up even from Code::Blocks.

Quote:Original post by sander242b) make games for home or/and commercial use(would agree with some minor limitations)

Again, yes. It's perfectly useable for games, and indeed many games have been written with it. It's also licensed for commercial use, without any restrictions. If you want to prove it, the Visual Studio Express Editions FAQ page asks and answers this question. I know it's always nice to see these things in print.

http://www.microsoft.com/express/support/faq/

Quote:P.S : remember i'm only asking about microsoft license not the game engines license that i will use to make games

Yep. Just to add that HGE is also free, without restrictions and licensed for commercial use. So you won't have any problems there either, but you probably already know that.

as Yacoby said earlier in the thread code::blocks does not own a compiler, does microsoft visual c++ express have a compiler.
Yes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement