Good Book to start with Games AI

Started by
1 comment, last by Auday 24 years, 5 months ago
My university text, which was a good beginners guide to AI was...
...Artificial Intelligence : A modern approach by Russell and Norvig
It wasn't game specific but covers the basic topics (skip the bits you want to).
If you want game specific texts try the article section of this site, it has 50+ papers on games AI.
Advertisement
Hi
I'm looking for a good book about AI to start with , I don't wanna lose my time reading about some theories that has nothing to do with games ( stuff like Natural Language Processing, … ) , So I want a book that focuses more on things like how can I make enemies fighters intelligent , how they can find the shortest path , how they can use the best technique to attack ….. and so on , also I want something about the standard methods of AI for games like State Machines , Neural Network....etc, and how I can use them in Games . I know that there are hundreds of Articles on the web , but I want a book that takes it from the beginning . Your help will be great for me
A good book to start with if you want the basics of AI / Pathfinding is: "Tricks of the windows game programming gurus" by André Lamothe. It covers the most a beginner of game programming wants and it sure is a book to have as a reference manual.
Death is lifes way saying your fired.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement