Original Post
I'm working on a game in which the amount of spatial dimensions will vary from level to level and in some cases within the level. What is the general formula for the hyper plane described by n-points? I can generate a line based on two points and a plane based on three points and a hyperplane based on four points and a hyper hyper plane based on five points and a hyper hyper hyper plane based on six points and a hyper hyper hyper hyper plane based on seven points and a hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper plane based on eight points and a hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper plane based on nine points. I could easily generate a hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper plane based on ten points. If I wanted to (and this case could certainly arise on the harder levels of my game) I could probably generate a hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper plane based on eleven points. On harder levels I could potentially generate a hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper plane based on twelve points. Also a hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper plane based on thirteen points would be feasible. It's when you get to hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper planes and beyond that I start having trouble. I wouldn't even know where to begin for generating a hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper plane or a hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper plane based on twenty points or forty points. Is there a general formula for generating a hyper * x - plane based on the necessary amount of points in a given dimension? I'm more than a little stumped as to how to go about generating a hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper plane based on eighty seven points. I can visualize the higher dimensions easily. (in fact I'm one of the few people alive who can. only edward witten for sure can as well) My problem is my elementary school geometry teacher only took us up to twelve dimensions when we were working on higher dimensional geometry. Most of the kids cried when we reached thirteen. And that is because thirteen is a horribly unlucky number. As they say, thirteen is unlucky for some.