Can't find iostream.h

Started by
4 comments, last by avianRR 22 years, 9 months ago
I have a program I''m trying to write that needs iostream.h but it''s not on my system and I can''t find what rpm it''s in. Can anyone tell me where I can get this??? I''ve made sure all the following packages are installed... egcs-1.1.2-28mdk.i586.rpm egcs-cpp-1.1.2-28mdk.i586.rpm gcc-2.95.2-7mdk.i586.rpm gcc-c++-2.95.2-7mdk.i586.rpm gcc-cpp-2.95.2-7mdk.i586.rpm thxs,
------------------------------Piggies, I need more piggies![pig][pig][pig][pig][pig][pig]------------------------------Do not invoke the wrath of the Irken elite. [flaming]
Advertisement
libstdc++-devel.

Check if you have libstdc++-devel. If you don't check your installation CD or head out to RPMFind and grab it there

**Edit: Damn tag!<br><br>Edited by - Oluseyi on July 16, 2001 12:43:56 PM
Woah, it can''t find it??? That''s not good... Usually, I think the directory C++ includes are found in is /usr/include/g++-2 -- something similar anyway. As root, go cd to / and try find -name iostream.h. It should show where it is on your system. Strange that it''s not in your PATH though...

Got Slack?
Commander M
libstdc++-devel is there...
searches of my hard drive still come up with nothing...
a full install of linux on another machine that I just did, and selected EVERYTHING under development dosn''t have it eather...
Could this just be a problem with mandrake 7.1??? If so are ther any other places I could gat the files I need?
------------------------------Piggies, I need more piggies![pig][pig][pig][pig][pig][pig]------------------------------Do not invoke the wrath of the Irken elite. [flaming]
As CmndrM said, the C++ header files are installed under /usr/include/g++-3 (in RH7.1; g++-2 in older distros). Mandrake definitely has the headers included - I''ve used both 7.0 and 7.1. You say you included everything under development; are you sure? You didn''t select something that canceled that previous selection? Then that''s extremely odd...

The file is in the package libstdc++-devel. For good measure, make sure glibc-devel is installed as well. You can grab (up-to-date versions of) them at RPMFind. Just enter the package name - sometimes even the file name works, though not all files have been indexed.

Good luck.
Got it now! libstdc++-devel is the file I needed! I don''t have the "Mandrake 7.1 ext" cd and that''s the one it''s on so I didn''t have that rpm. Figured all the basic stuff like that would be on the main disk but it wasn''t. Thanks for the help. Now off to post some more questions...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement