Image of the Day "New Demo"

Started by
1 comment, last by Sovereign 22 years, 9 months ago
Chris in the new demo that you are currently working on you indicate the demo will "demonstrate basic keyboard interaction, camera following and multiple viewports. You can drive the car around and change camera views". Will we be able to resize the viewport using the D3D pipeline enabled. This works without T&L. But if I resize the viewport and loaded the pro objects into the pipeline everthing such as particles and non T&L objects rendered to the resized viewport but the pro objects loaded into the pipeline is rendered full screen. There seems to be a lot of differences between using full T&L and using no T&L. Such as : Environmental Bumpmaping sort of works when the pro object is not loaded into the the pipeline. I have a Geforce 3 card( I read the post on this one about the three different methods to enable EVBM). The new land demo bumpmaping works so I can only assume you fixed this. The bad thing about using a specular map component besides the bumpmap and base texture is that you can still see the specular map such as a bumped maped earth object while it facing away from the light. It seem dot3 would be good for this I ran the nvidia browser demo and saw all the various ways to bump map. Light maps don''t render when loading the pro objects into the pipeline. When these varibles are set the Ambient effect works when pro objects are not loaded into the D3D pipeline PR_Globals.PR_AmbientRed PR_Gloabls.PR_AmbientGreen PR_Gloabls.PR_AmbientBlue But don''t work when the pro objects is loaded into the pipeline T&L lights seem to be different from non T&L. Texture methods are different or don''t work using T&L( I Know this was discussed by you and others) Probably more T&L issues but I can''t think of anymore. Doug
Advertisement
The multiple viewports are working with T&L now. I made that demo specifically to test and fix that bug.

I''m not aware of any bump map problems with the T&L pipeline, if bump is supported. If you try to render a T&L object using a rendering method that isn''t supported it won''t fall back to other multipass methods, which is why older cards don''t show the BSP lightmaps properly.

There is a bug when rendering two different bump mapped objects in a row that use different bump map properties. The engine doesn''t take the bump matrix properties into account and doesn''t update them since the rendering method is the same as the last.

EMBM is used on walls with the lightmap used as the environment texture. This is the only way to go because it handles multiple lights and the lightmap information itself in a single pass.

The lightmap example program doesn''t work with T&L because the lightmaps are generated after the initial .PRO file has been loaded. You''ll need to free and reconstruct the vertex buffers with the proper number of texture coordinates for that example to work in T&L. (PR_FreeD3DSegmentBuffer and PR_ConvertObjectToTnL)

Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
Would i be able to download this demo? could you post a link to that car demo game?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement