A link to my 2d pixel art tutorial...

Started by
32 comments, last by Tsugumo 22 years, 8 months ago
I just found this place and it sounds like there are other pixel people around here, so I figured I''d link the tutorial I''m working on. There don''t seem to be any that cover doing videogame sprites and such, so one day I decided to sit down and make one myself. Anyway, I''m new here so I don''t know how many people still like doing 2d, but you might find it useful. http://tsugumo.cjb.net/tutorial/ I updated it last night with the start of an animation section and I''m hoping to cover a bunch of stuff...It''s slow making tutorials though, so I don''t know when the next update will be. Anyway, hope you enjoy it! Long live 2d and all that jazz, heh... - Tsugumo
Advertisement
I like your tutorial very much, its not many i see of those any more.

Some years ago there were some good ones out there, but i think they are all gone now :-(

Keep up the good work Tsugumo..

2D Rules....

-Vissing-
-Vissing-
YES!!! I found you''re tutorials early last year and have gone back on a regular basis looking for new ones. I''m glad to see you''re back at it. Just letting you know you have at least 1 fan out there .

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
- Willy Wonka
Very cool. You made me think about some things I hadn''t considered of before.

Useful for 2d art, but most of your points also apply to 3d art as well...

Cheerio,
Aaron

HollowWorks.com

I think that goths get scared when they meet someone who is more depressed than them, and wears plaid...
- A.M.B.
Great Article, especially the section on fighting game sprites. You just saved me a great deal of trouble.

-----------------------------
kevin@mayday-anime.com
http://dainteractive.mayday-anime.com
-----------------------------kevin@mayday-anime.comhttp://www.mayday-anime.com
Excellent tutorials man. I''m looking forward to anything else you put out there, although I think I''ll be busy with what you''ve written so far. Keep up the good work.
Excellent man. I was doing a search on this subject but couldn''t find anything good. But your tutorial looks really great. Nice layout, no spelling errors, nice colors and such. I have only read half of the grass tile chapter but I''m already impressed.
Yeah! Very nice tutorials. Thanks!
I would suggest adding something about how to choose the right colors. I noticed a few days ago when trying to make my first sprite ever (a space ship) that it was really hard to pick colors that would go well with each others. Apparently it isn''t as simple as just selecting a color and then bringing up the color selector to choose a slightly brighter or darker one.
You said to email you with other ideas, I figured it would be just as easy to post an idea here. Maybe a tutorial or addon to an existing tutorial on making the other angles of a RPG sprite(back, side, etc). And/or battle animations for them. I''m an RPG nut thats why am suggesting these topics.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement