August 09 DirectX SDK is out!

Started by
14 comments, last by gekko 14 years, 7 months ago
Yeah, for real. Time to get cracking for a SlimDX release. Remember, this SDK has all the final version bits for D3D 11, Direct2D, and DWrite!
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
Awesome!
Ahhhh, finally. Come to me...
KB 971644 doesn't seem to be available, though.
Thanks for the heads up; appreciate it.
Have they fixed the shader compiler bug they introduced in March? (It was to do with max(), or pow(), I forget which)
Quote:Original post by adt7
Have they fixed the shader compiler bug they introduced in March? (It was to do with max(), or pow(), I forget which)

I am not a DirectX guy, but Promit linked to the answer in the OP.
I didn't have time to read through the announcement earlier, now I have, it appears they have not fixed it.
Has anyone managed to install the Platform Update for Windows Vista required to use Direct3D 11? I've followed the instructions in the knowledgebase article and run the script but Windows Update doesn't find any available updates. Has the update not gone live yet?

Game Programming Blog: www.mattnewport.com/blog

Quote:Original post by mattnewport
Has anyone managed to install the Platform Update for Windows Vista required to use Direct3D 11? I've followed the instructions in the knowledgebase article and run the script but Windows Update doesn't find any available updates. Has the update not gone live yet?

I just started downloading the update, its live. Running Vista x64 Ultimate here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement