Original Post
Hello I've been searching for any material regarding the implementation of the funnel algorithm. The best explanation I've found is http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~mburo/ps/thesis_demyen_2006.pdf Page 52. I start with my apex at the start point and a funnel structure storing the left and right vertices of the first edge in the channel(In separate arrays/vectors?). I go on to check each edge's vertices adding each vertex depending on its side. It says:
Quote:Here's where I get confused. Do I pick the first vertex and go on to pop vertices until the wedge in which the picked vertex is found? (Also how do I find this 'wedge'?) Then go on to repeat the process with that vertex? If the apex is popped in this manner then vertex becomes the new apex. Each apex is a point in the new path?
Vertices are popped from that side of the funnel until the wedge in which the current vertex lies is discovered, at which point that vertex is added to the end of the funnel deque on that side.