Another Question about OpenGL Textures

Started by
-1 comments, last by zaneski13 14 years, 6 months ago
I'll just give you an example of what I'm trying to do... Lets say I have a quad that represents a wall. Lets say that this wall is 60 units wide and 10 units height. ( its a hallway ) Now I have 2 textures for that wall, OK? I have the wallBottomTexture and the wallTopTexture. The wallBottomTexture contains the wood finish ' the wall base ' while the wallTopTexture is seamless and can be tiled on top of the wallBottomTexture. So I'd want something like this... wall = 1 quad. 60 wide, 10 height wallBottomTexture = 60 wide, 2 height wallTopTexture = 60 wide, 8 height wall bottom texture would be placed on the bottom of the quad ( obviously ) and the wall top texture would be tiled wherever the wall bottom texture is not. so wall bottom texture = 0 - 60 and 0 - 2 while wall top texture = 0 - 60 and 2 - 10 I was going to break it up into 2 seperate quads but I know that down the road I'd like to make a level editor that is like Platinum Arts Sandbox, Saurbraten, Cube 2, etc. IE CUBEMAPS When applying a texture I dont want to break up the quad even further

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement