Tiled (the map editor) Plugin

Started by
1 comment, last by EmrldDrgn 14 years, 6 months ago
Has anyone here tried to write a plugin for Tiled before? I decided to give it a try because I figured it'd be a nice middle ground between using an existing editor and format (have to write to their format, which may not be appropriate for my game) and writing an entire editor myself (too much work =P). I read the tutorial on their website and I'm having some trouble, so it'd be really nice to talk to someone who's done this before. So if you have experience in writing Tiled plugins, and some free time on your hands, would you mind giving me some assistance? For the record, the problem I'm having is that whenever I try to save a map file in my map format, I get "Error in saving [filepath]: null", where [filepath] is where I try to save it. Not a lot of useful information, I know... Thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I program in C++, on MSVC++ '05 Express, and on Windows. Most of my programs are also for windows.
Advertisement
I tried that as well and failed. I am also semi comfortable with Java, so it was very disappointing to see I couldn't do it.

What I did was just write a converter. If you remove their compression, it's just xml. But if you're comfortable using compression methods, you can simply uncompress their maps. It's up to you.
I got it to work :D. Would have been easier if I *really* knew Java. I basically just line-by-line changed code from the Lua plugin until it worked.

Thanks for the response!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I program in C++, on MSVC++ '05 Express, and on Windows. Most of my programs are also for windows.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement