visual studio windows 7 issue

Started by
4 comments, last by david_watt78 14 years, 5 months ago
I am using windows 7 64 bit and I am having serious issues with studio 2005 and include and lib directories. It appears anything I enter in the option/Project directories settings manually doesn't work. It can't find include files and libs in those directories and when I try using the right click option to go the header file at the #include <> line the directories I entered are not in the list of directories. They are there when I check the settings but its like the lines I entered don't exist to studio. Is anyone else having this issue and found an answer?
Advertisement
I haven't gotten visual studio 2005 to play nice with Windows 7 either. I have had success getting into to run in XP mode though. I'd suggest trying that ,assuming you have 7 pro or ultimate.
-----------------------------------Indium Studios, Inc.
Odd, I've got VS2005 express + pro and VS2008 express + pro working on both 32 and 64 bit versions of windows 7 no problem, and have done since the first windows 7 beta.

Any error messages while installing etc?
Game development blog and portfolio: http://gamexcore.co.uk
I don't know about 2005, but I've been running Visual Studio 2008 for a few months on Windows 7 64-bit without problems. I don't see how this in particular could be an issue, either. Make sure in your project's property pages you don't have the "$(NOINHERIT)" directive in the Additional Include Directories setting...
I have had no issues whatsoever with VS2005 Standard once installed, however, during installation the OS told me to update to the VS2005 service pack AND the Service Pack update for Windows Vista (Yes, even though I am running Win7).

Also, before I disabled UAC it would always tell me to run VS as administrator.
I am not sure why I will probably just move my 3rd party stuff to a preoject common directory and use the project include and lib settings instead. In fact its probably better anyway then I don't have this issue with any changes in the future.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement