Help with DirectX!!!

Started by
1 comment, last by Erebus 22 years, 9 months ago
Hi, after 8 hours downloading the DirectX SDK and several more hours clearing some space on my hard drive I finally have DX installed. Now, after all of this I can''t get any of the samples to run. I keep getting the linker error "invalid file or disk full". My hard drive has 60 MB left, is that enough? If I have room on my drive then according ot the error message the file must be invalid, but I just installed DX, so how could anything be wrong with the files? By the way, the file is d3dxof.lib and I''ve also had it happen with ddraw.lib I have MSVC++ 5.0 and I downloaded the full SDK. I installed the headers and libraries, the C++ sample code, the C++ documentation, & the DX Utilities. In Visual C++ I added the DX lib & include directories to the directories tab of the options dialog and under link on the project settings I added the appropriate files. If anyone can tell me what I''m doing wrong or what else I need to download I''d really appreciate it.
Advertisement
I doubt you''re doing anything wrong. I think you really do just need more space...

So delete some stuff you don''t need ; )

G''luck,
-Alamar
Well your running on a bloated OS called windows, which isnt the best in the memory usage area. That 60mb you have left is probally being used by windows for virtual ram......

Thus the errors.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement