Official site for DXUT?

Started by
0 comments, last by wicked357 14 years, 4 months ago
Is there an official site for information regarding DXUT? Perhaps news on the most current version, or full blown docs? I found DXUT by browsing the DirectX samples, inside of a sample that I randomly picked. I'm going to persue using DXUT because it seems like it's going to make things simpler. I've found the MSDN documentation on it, but it seems pretty lacking. It just goes through a simple generic description of setting up DXUT. I recently purchased Game Coding Complete, by Mike McShaffry, and he uses DXUT in the book. He doesn't even explain what DXUT is, really, or how to find it. All of his examples seem to use it, though. So, is the only way to locate DXUT through the sample browser? Is there a site that allows me to keep current with the framework? It just feels so disconnected and hidden for something so helpful. Thanks
Advertisement
Here is what DirectX wiki says the DXUT is "DXUT (also called the sample framework) is a layer built on top of the Direct3D API. The framework is designed to help the programmer spend less time with mundane tasks, such as creating a window, creating a device, processing Windows messages and handling device events. It is only usable for writing simple technology-oriented demos, tutorials and workshops."

As for official page for it, I believe you might have found it since it is a sample framework. MSDN probably your best bet on this. I hope the explanation helps you understand what it is for though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement