A New Race

Started by
33 comments, last by GninjaGnome 14 years, 3 months ago
Gryffons were the first thing I thought of, until I saw you wanted bipedal creatures. I'm definitely for a flier, preferably with separate arms and wings. You might be able to do some sort of bipedalization transformation on a gryffon and get something useful.

Edit: what would be really cool for me is a race that can shift seamlessly from bipedal to quadrupedal modes of travel, for both common interaction and sneaking through smaller areas. I would probably play that kind of character.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by theOcelot
Gryffons were the first thing I thought of, until I saw you wanted bipedal creatures. I'm definitely for a flier, preferably with separate arms and wings. You might be able to do some sort of bipedalization transformation on a gryffon and get something useful.

Edit: what would be really cool for me is a race that can shift seamlessly from bipedal to quadrupedal modes of travel, for both common interaction and sneaking through smaller areas. I would probably play that kind of character.

I like both of those ideas. I'm considering adding two new races and adjusting the gnomes a bit now. I'll have to run the ideas by my concept artist when he gets back. I'll post the pics when they're done:)

Thanks again,

EDIT: I tried to up the rating on the people who took the time to reply, but it didn't seem to change anything? Does the ratings change instantly or am I screwing something up?

10 sec later:And my user rating just went down 5 points???
Rating changes are instantaneous, but the lower your own rating, the less impact your rating has on others.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This idea sounds both hilarious and entertaining.
The rock people is kind of cool too; you could call them rockers. hahha
but have you considered bat people?
or at least bat-like.
Also, you wouldn't necessarily need to change the levels design all that much, if you render all the winged creatures flightless.
Perhaps granting them more the ability to glide, from high-up areas.
Maybe giving them a bonus to agility or speed, or something, maybe an extra talent involving their wings.
A bit scatter-brained...Please forgive any grammatical errors or incomplete though--
My vote goes for bird-people too! They'll add another dimension to the game.

Stone people are cool too, but as the first two races are not elemental, they, at least to me, look a little out of place. They could be included as secondary characters though.

Humans could also be a posibility...

What if the bird-people where angels?
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
the rock people ides was more of a joke.

--but was about owls?
haha

bird angels, interesting concept. elaborate a bit more, what all would it entail?
the angelic aspect i mean.

i also thought the idea of amphibious folk sounded good.
A bit scatter-brained...Please forgive any grammatical errors or incomplete though--
Quote:Original post by RedFawks
bird angels, interesting concept. elaborate a bit more, what all would it entail?
the angelic aspect i mean.

I really don't understand well what kind of game the OP has in mind (are you the OP?)

Anyway, angels use to be immortal, can bend space-time, perform miracles, heal and bring protection (by the means of manipulating circumstances). They could be able to take temporarily posession of other creatures, foresee the future, secrets (or secret locations) and are limited only by the will of God and the free-will of other creatures...
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Since these are humanoids how about Lycans? Werewolves would fit. Or maybe weretigers would be cool. Use those as royalty.
Perhaps a fishman could be of assistance?

Like this guy from Hellboy

Looks weird enough, but could still fit in with the rest of your races
NeverWinterNights had 'dire' animals; bears, wolves, etc. I think it cool to see things from their perspective. Perhaps elaborate on backround, history, that sort of thing.
Humanoid or not, it would be cool to play a dire animal or something of the sort.
Which brings me to my next suggestion (forgive me if it were previously mentioned) but playing as a four-legged animal.

Oh! okay, what about a gelatinous type being. One made of a viscous substance? I think they would make good rogue-types, spies and of the sort. They would be able to sqeeze through cracks that others couldn't, or hide/blend more easily. I dunno, just a thought.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement