Original Post
Hello, First off, I'm pretty new to these forums; Well I've browsed here for over a year and was able to get some great information. Anyways, I've been talking with a few of a my friends,(both graduates from Universities, one In Media Animation and the Other in Computer Science.) We got to talking a few nights ago and decided it was time that create a video game of our own. We spent a lot of time developing a great concept and since all three of us are excellent at what we do, we've had no problems and continue strong with development today. However, I do not want bring down the reputation of our project once and if we decide to get serious about it. By that I mean I have no traditional education in Development or programming. I've always been a DIY type person and after high school, my priorities were out of whack, and now I'm really regretting that. So I spoke with a counselor about transferring to a University to persue a BA and Masters in Computer Science with emphasis on Game Design. However, I was doing some more research and figured that I might as well get my A.S Degree and Possibly a Certificate in Game Art and Design (I don't expect much, it's just something I intend to do for experience and to educate myself.) I have a few questions, First, Should I not go for an A.S degree and go straight to Transferring, or will having both be Marginally better for when I transfer? Also, I've seen some pretty negative things about certificates, but if matched with a Bachelor's and the years of industry I'll have once I can intern / QA, will that have some sort of Validity? Thank you in advance for your comments and advice, I appreciate it. Aiden Moisa