Original Post
Has someone a small example, where a simple patch 0---1 |.....| 3---2 is drawn, and then tesselated in DX11? What is a PatchWith4ControlPoints? Is this a simple quad with 4 position-informations (like vertices) that will be converted in real vertices later in the domain shader? (look upstairs for my patch ^^)? Or what is a patch? Have I to take thouse 4 vertices and create manually the triangles in the domain shader? If so, then the sorting of the vertices doesn't matter, does it? The tesselator adds new control points, so I get something like this? 0-4-1 7..8..5 3-6-2 I looked on the DX SDK, and I understand 98% of the code, but there is something I can't simply unterstand. Something that prevents me to say "oh good, its simple!". I can't understand WHY they making something the way, they made it. Can someone explain me in his own words, how a PatchWith4ControlPoints is processed by the vertex shader, hull shader, tesselator and domain shader and how I can make triangles then? The best way would be by showing some pictures, the same way I tried ^^. I do not need a runnable code, but an idea would be great. Or does someone known a good, very easy (with pictures ^^) book or paper or website with an explaination of all this?
