curse you d3dx10.lib !!!

Started by
5 comments, last by grJubei 14 years, 2 months ago
Environment: Visual Studio 10 Beta 2 on Win7 Professional x64. DX SDK installed and paths /Include /lib added in VC++ directories as well as d3d10.lib and d3dx10.lib added to the linker. Build target is Debug Win32. No matter what I do visual studio complains about not being able to find d3dx10.lib on the linking step. The file is there both under x64 and under x86 I've checked it. So why can't it find it? If I copy the file to the winmain.cpp dir then it stops complaining. Any ideas would be appreciated! thanks in advance, Jubei ps. When adding paths in VC++ directories you're supposed to add the path depending on the build target right? not your system? i.e. i'm building for x86 so I will include $(SDK_HOME)\Lib\x86 , regardless that I'm on x64 Win7 right? (I've tried all combos anyway and it can't find d3dx10.lib no matter what) [Edited by - grJubei on February 7, 2010 9:54:16 AM]
Advertisement
have you try not using the enviroment variable but directly point to it ?

eg.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2009)\Lib.....

Yes I have. I"ve tried everything. The only thing that comes to mind is that it's a bug of vs10 beta2. I can't think of anything else :/
Have you checked the build log? That usually provides more descriptive information (e.g. full file paths) and may indicate where things are going wrong.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

I just did. No helpful info there either:

1>------ Build started: Project: dx10demo, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'd3dx10.lib'
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

The funny thing is that it says cannot "open" file. Does that mean that it's located the file but cannot open it?
That message comes up when the linker's internal FileOpen call failed. Usually it is because the file cannot be located. Other reasons might include non-existing read permission, which is rare but possible.

I believe there's a separate error message for when the file contents cannot be parsed for some reason.

Niko Suni

I got it. I think what i was doing wrong was that I had the /lib directory with include directories whereas It seems it should be 2 boxes below with the library directories.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement