Problem bringing up a window in Win32

Started by
13 comments, last by Daaark 22 years, 8 months ago
For now, can I just try the DX stuff, and paste it in the premade basic windows app you get when you pick it from start a new project?
Advertisement
I don''t know which "DX stuff" you mean. It might even work if it''s based on the same basic app.
My suggestion would be trying to blit some bitmaps and put some pixels to the window (lookup BitBlt and SetPixelV) using standard GDI functions. Then create some sort of demo so yo can get experience with graphics/game programming in general before moving to something complex and confusing (especially for a beginner, like me like DX

baumep
baumep
I''m that much of a newbie!

I''ve made games before!

I''ve made some text based RPGs, a LORD2(old bbs door game) clone and a 320x200 tile based rpg game in Qbasic.

And I had a working 320x200 tile based rpg game engine in C (djgpp/allegro)

I wanted to try and get one of my screen savers I made. How hard is it to set up a screen, and blit bitmaps with DX?
Sorry, but I haven''t done much DX myself. Take a look at the "Game Programming Genesis"-Tutorials (if you haven''t already)in the resources area. There''s a nice step by step guide to Direct Draw. Shouldn''t be that hard.

baumep
baumep
As a side note, you can type &lt; and &gt; to get the < and > characters.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement