winmm32.lib error

Started by
16 comments, last by flodywan 14 years, 2 months ago
How do you find the libraries directory of the SDK? All the folders that are in my SDK are TOOLS, REGISTRATION, and OPEN BUILD ENVIRONMENT WINDOW. For some reason Registration isn't working, and I can't find any lib or header files.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by flodywan
How do you find the libraries directory of the SDK? All the folders that are in my SDK are TOOLS, REGISTRATION, and OPEN BUILD ENVIRONMENT WINDOW. For some reason Registration isn't working, and I can't find any lib or header files.
Sounds like it's not installed properly then. Or are you talking about the start menu folders?

I have:
E:\Platform SDK\Lib\WinMM.lib.
I'm looking in the actual directory and can't find any of the lib or header files. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong because I've installed 2 different versions of the SDK. Are the lib files and header files included always or do I have to manually add them?

God I feel like a noob
They should always be included..

What directory are you looking at? Provide the full path.
I'm looking at C:\Microsoft Windows SDK v6.1

I don't have any lib or header folders in there.

All I have are:
Tools(folder. No lib files), Visual Studio Registration, CMD Shell, Release Notes, and Windows SDK documentation.

And I've tried reinstalling with both v6.1 and the 2003 version.
Do you have a C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\lib ?
Quote:Original post by flodywan
Is there another way to get the winmm.lib file, because the SDK installation took quite a long time.

Quote:I don't have any lib or header folders in there.

Mh, so essentially it took a long while to install just about nothing? That's weird.
Quote:Yeah I googled "winmm.lib download" and nothing came up.

You really want to install it properly. Better take your time to set everything up right from the start, you don't want to run into more trouble in the future.
I got it working! Finally got the lib files after installing it again. Thanks for everyone's help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement