D3DX11Effects.lib x64

Started by
17 comments, last by Buttacup 14 years, 1 month ago
"in release mode" - as in, /MT or /MD (with _SECURE_SCL, now _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL, set to either 0 or 1). In debug mode (/MTd or /MDd) with _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING enabled (now, _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL set to 2), locks are used to protect the bookkeeping data structures for the powerful correctness checks. If you're profiling debug mode, don't do that.

Is this not the source of the D2D LNK2038?
-------------------------------------All my life all I ever wanted to be was, Gangsta!
Advertisement
Quote:
I never had errors in the effects project, I had errors in my project which was using the effects project.

The first line of your first post implies strongly that you "can't build an x64 version of D3DX11Effects.lib in 2008."

Quote:
The only errors I had where related to D2D, in my project(using the same compiler line as the 'virgin project' as you put it.) I haven't used the cross compiler.

What do you mean by "compiler line?" The command line used to invoke the compiler?

Quote:
I haven't used the cross compiler. If you think it might fix the LNK2038 D2D was generating then I'll give it a try, it would be nice to avoid using debug runtime workaround. I had no intention on keeping the workaround a part of my project as I was somewhat aware of what I was doing, just not entirely, as would someone who has more under-stranding.

I am still having an extremely difficult time understanding your problem description. Why don't you start over. If building Effects11 isn't the problem, you can still apply the same problem-solving techniques to whatever is your problem. Start with these questions: What are you trying to build, how are you trying to do it (with what tools, et cetera), what are the errors you get?

Quote:
"in release mode" - as in, /MT or /MD (with _SECURE_SCL, now _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL, set to either 0 or 1). In debug mode (/MTd or /MDd) with _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING enabled (now, _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL set to 2), locks are used to protect the bookkeeping data structures for the powerful correctness checks. If you're profiling debug mode, don't do that.

Is this not the source of the D2D LNK2038?

I don't see how, that doesn't seem related at all. I can hardly even follow that text as it is lacking any context and isn't the most clearly articulated English phrase I've ever seen.
I couldn't build it in 2008 I had to start a clean project in 2010Beta and import the files and so on..... I did compile it in 2010. When I asked about why I had to do all that, and you replied, I was referring to building the binary; why isn't it included.

The line that isn't the most clearly articulated English phrase you've ever seen is an excerpt from a DX developers blog and I think it explains why I had to do this /MDd in relation to my doing this

D2D D3D Interoped:
HRESULT RenderingChain::InstantiateDeviceAndSwapChain(){    HRESULT hr = S_OK;;    ID3D11Device*        pDevice = NULL;    IDXGIDevice*        pDXGIDevice = NULL;    IDXGIAdapter*        pAdapter = NULL;    IDXGIFactory*        pDXGIFactory = NULL;    UINT createDeviceFlags = 0;    #ifdef _DEBUG    createDeviceFlags |= D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_DEBUG;    createDeviceFlags |= D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_BGRA_SUPPORT;    #endif    hr = D3D11CreateDevice( NULL, D3D_DRIVER_TYPE_HARDWARE, NULL, createDeviceFlags, NULL, 0,                                 D3D11_SDK_VERSION, &pDevice, &feature_lvl, &m_pd3dDeviceContext);    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    hr = pDevice->QueryInterface(&m_pd3dDevice);    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;        hr = pDevice->QueryInterface(&pDXGIDevice);    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    hr = pDXGIDevice->GetAdapter(&pAdapter);    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    hr = pAdapter->GetParent(IID_PPV_ARGS(&pDXGIFactory));    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC desSwapChain;    ZeroMemory(&desSwapChain,sizeof(desSwapChain));    desSwapChain.BufferDesc.Width = width;    desSwapChain.BufferDesc.Height = height;    desSwapChain.BufferDesc.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM;    desSwapChain.BufferDesc.RefreshRate.Numerator = 60;    desSwapChain.BufferDesc.RefreshRate.Denominator = 1;    desSwapChain.SampleDesc.Count = 1;    desSwapChain.SampleDesc.Quality = 0;    desSwapChain.BufferUsage = DXGI_USAGE_RENDER_TARGET_OUTPUT;    desSwapChain.BufferCount = 1;    desSwapChain.OutputWindow = hWnd;    desSwapChain.Windowed = TRUE;    hr = pDXGIFactory->CreateSwapChain(m_pd3dDevice, &desSwapChain, &m_pSwapChain);    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    D3D11_TEXTURE2D_DESC desTextureRT2D;    ZeroMemory(&desTextureRT2D, sizeof(desTextureRT2D));    desTextureRT2D.ArraySize = 1;    desTextureRT2D.BindFlags = D3D11_BIND_RENDER_TARGET | D3D11_BIND_SHADER_RESOURCE;    desTextureRT2D.CPUAccessFlags = 0;    desTextureRT2D.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM;    desTextureRT2D.Width = width;    desTextureRT2D.Height = height;    desTextureRT2D.MipLevels = 1;    desTextureRT2D.MiscFlags = 0;    desTextureRT2D.SampleDesc.Count = 1;    desTextureRT2D.SampleDesc.Quality = 0;    desTextureRT2D.Usage = D3D11_USAGE_DEFAULT;    hr = m_pd3dDevice->CreateTexture2D(&desTextureRT2D, NULL, &m_pHUD);    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    hr = m_pd3dDevice->CreateShaderResourceView(m_pHUD, NULL, &m_pHUDRV);     if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    D3D11_RENDER_TARGET_VIEW_DESC desRT;    ZeroMemory(&desRT, sizeof(desRT));    desRT.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM;    desRT.ViewDimension = D3D11_RTV_DIMENSION_TEXTURE2D;    desRT.Texture2D.MipSlice = 0;    hr = m_pSwapChain->GetBuffer(0, __uuidof(ID3D11Texture2D), (LPVOID*)&m_pBackBuffer);    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    hr = m_pd3dDevice->CreateRenderTargetView(m_pBackBuffer, &desRT, &m_pRenderTargetView);    m_pBackBuffer->Release();    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    m_pd3dDevice->GetImmediateContext(&m_pd3dDeviceContext);            m_pd3dDeviceContext->OMSetRenderTargets(1, &m_pRenderTargetView, NULL);    D3D11_BLEND_DESC desBlend;    ZeroMemory(&desBlend, sizeof(desBlend));    desBlend.AlphaToCoverageEnable = false;    desBlend.IndependentBlendEnable = false;    D3D11_RENDER_TARGET_BLEND_DESC desBlendRT;    ZeroMemory(&desBlendRT, sizeof(desBlendRT));    desBlendRT.BlendEnable = true;    desBlendRT.SrcBlend = D3D11_BLEND_SRC_ALPHA;    desBlendRT.SrcBlendAlpha = D3D11_BLEND_ONE;    desBlendRT.DestBlend = D3D11_BLEND_INV_SRC_ALPHA;    desBlendRT.DestBlendAlpha = D3D11_BLEND_ZERO;    desBlendRT.BlendOp = D3D11_BLEND_OP_ADD;    desBlendRT.BlendOpAlpha = D3D11_BLEND_OP_ADD;    desBlendRT.RenderTargetWriteMask = D3D11_COLOR_WRITE_ENABLE_ALL;    desBlend.RenderTarget[0] = desBlendRT;    hr = m_pd3dDevice->CreateBlendState(&desBlend, &m_pBlendState);    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    m_pd3dDeviceContext->OMSetBlendState(m_pBlendState, NULL, 0xffffffff);    return S_OK;}HRESULT RenderingChain::Initialize2DInterface(){    HRESULT hr = S_OK;;    hr = D2D1CreateFactory(D2D1_FACTORY_TYPE_SINGLE_THREADED, &m_pD2DFactory);    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    D2D1_RENDER_TARGET_PROPERTIES desRT2D =        D2D1::RenderTargetProperties(            D2D1_RENDER_TARGET_TYPE_DEFAULT,            D2D1::PixelFormat(DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM, D2D1_ALPHA_MODE_PREMULTIPLIED),            96,            96            );    hr = m_pSwapChain->GetBuffer(0, IID_PPV_ARGS(&m_pDXGISurface));    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;//    hr = m_pD2DFactory->CreateDxgiSurfaceRenderTarget(m_pDXGISurface, &desRT2D, &m_pD2DRenderTarget);    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    return S_OK;}

Creating the Texture Resources:
#include "TextureZ.h"ID3D11Texture2D* TexturePool::m_pTexArray = NULL;ID3D11ShaderResourceView* TexturePool::m_pTextureRV = NULL;const UINT num_text = 3;HRESULT TexturePool::CreateShaderResources(ID3D11Device* pd3dDevice){    HRESULT hr = S_OK;;    ID3D11DeviceContext* pd3dDeviceContext;    pd3dDevice->GetImmediateContext(&pd3dDeviceContext);    ID3D11Texture2D* defaultText[num_text];    ZeroMemory(&defaultText[0], num_text * sizeof(defaultText[0]));    D3DX11_IMAGE_LOAD_INFO loadInfo;    loadInfo.Width  = D3DX11_FROM_FILE;    loadInfo.Height = D3DX11_FROM_FILE;    loadInfo.Depth  = D3DX11_FROM_FILE;    loadInfo.FirstMipLevel = 0;    loadInfo.MipLevels = D3DX11_FROM_FILE;    loadInfo.Usage = D3D11_USAGE_STAGING;    loadInfo.BindFlags = 0;    loadInfo.CpuAccessFlags = D3D11_CPU_ACCESS_WRITE | D3D11_CPU_ACCESS_READ;    loadInfo.MiscFlags = 0;    loadInfo.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM;    loadInfo.Filter = D3DX11_FILTER_NONE;    loadInfo.MipFilter = D3DX11_FILTER_NONE;    loadInfo.pSrcInfo  = 0;    hr = (D3DX11CreateTextureFromFile(pd3dDevice, "C:/Projects/DUALITY/Assets/TextureZ/DEFAULT.dds",             &loadInfo, 0, (ID3D11Resource**)&defaultText[0], 0));    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    hr = (D3DX11CreateTextureFromFile(pd3dDevice, "C:/Projects/DUALITY/Assets/TextureZ/DEFAULT2.dds",             &loadInfo, 0, (ID3D11Resource**)&defaultText[1], 0));    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    hr = (D3DX11CreateTextureFromFile(pd3dDevice, "C:/Projects/DUALITY/Assets/TextureZ/ModelEdit.dds",             &loadInfo, 0, (ID3D11Resource**)&defaultText[2], 0));    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    D3D11_TEXTURE2D_DESC desDefaultText;    ZeroMemory(&desDefaultText, sizeof(desDefaultText));    defaultText[0]->GetDesc(&desDefaultText);    D3D11_TEXTURE2D_DESC desDefaultTexArray;    ZeroMemory(&desDefaultTexArray, sizeof(desDefaultTexArray));    desDefaultTexArray.Width              = desDefaultText.Width;    desDefaultTexArray.Height             = desDefaultText.Height;    desDefaultTexArray.MipLevels          = desDefaultText.MipLevels;    desDefaultTexArray.ArraySize          = num_text;    desDefaultTexArray.Format             = DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM;    desDefaultTexArray.SampleDesc.Count   = 1;    desDefaultTexArray.SampleDesc.Quality = 0;    desDefaultTexArray.Usage              = D3D11_USAGE_DEFAULT;    desDefaultTexArray.BindFlags          = D3D11_BIND_SHADER_RESOURCE;    desDefaultTexArray.CPUAccessFlags     = 0;    desDefaultTexArray.MiscFlags          = 0;    hr=(pd3dDevice->CreateTexture2D( &desDefaultTexArray, 0, &m_pTexArray));    for(size_t i = 0; i < num_text; i++)    {        for(UINT mmlvl = 0; mmlvl < desDefaultText.MipLevels; ++mmlvl)        {            D3D11_MAPPED_SUBRESOURCE* mappedTex2D = NULL;            hr = pd3dDeviceContext->Map(defaultText, 0, D3D11_MAP_READ, 0, mappedTex2D);            if(SUCCEEDED(hr))            {                pd3dDeviceContext->UpdateSubresource(m_pTexArray, D3D11CalcSubresource(mmlvl, UINT(i),                     desDefaultText.MipLevels), 0, mappedTex2D->pData, mappedTex2D->RowPitch, 0);                pd3dDeviceContext->Unmap( defaultText, mmlvl );            }            else                return hr;        }    }            D3D11_SHADER_RESOURCE_VIEW_DESC desSRV;    ZeroMemory(&desSRV, sizeof(desSRV));    desSRV.Format = desDefaultTexArray.Format;    desSRV.ViewDimension = D3D11_SRV_DIMENSION_TEXTURE2DARRAY;    desSRV.Texture2DArray.MostDetailedMip = 0;    desSRV.Texture2DArray.MipLevels = desDefaultTexArray.MipLevels;    desSRV.Texture2DArray.FirstArraySlice = 0;    desSRV.Texture2DArray.ArraySize = num_text;    hr = pd3dDevice->CreateShaderResourceView(m_pTexArray, &desSRV, &m_pTextureRV);    if(FAILED(hr))        return hr;    return S_OK;}

wish I would have fixed the Texture2D/MipMap Mapping last night :(

I'm still creating the surface or at least everything up to creating the surface in DX11 but D2D is not supported by it yet! If I understand correctly because of the _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL which whatever I am accessing which is being accessed through D3DX11Effects.lib was compiled as debug, I now have to compile my D3DX11Effects.lib as a debug runtime lib. This will allow me to at least debug my code and will give me the chance to either remove D2D or do the 11/10.1 shared workaround....

[edit]
And I'm going to use a patch for 2008 I really hate command line..... but now I need the Win7 SDK
-------------------------------------All my life all I ever wanted to be was, Gangsta!
meh wrong one I'm really sleeping can't you tell sleep working

Direct Draw:
#include "DirectDraw.h"HRESULT CD2D3D::RenderInterfaceElements2D(ID2D1RenderTarget* pD2DRenderTarget){    HRESULT hr = S_OK;;    pD2DRenderTarget->BeginDraw();    for(size_t tb_slots = 0; tb_slots < MAX_DRAW_SLOTS+DEV_TOOL_SLOT; tb_slots++)    {        if(m_pDrawCommands[tb_slots] != NULL)        {            for(size_t i = 0; i < m_pDrawCommands[tb_slots]->size(); i++)            {                Draw2D(pD2DRenderTarget, &m_pDrawCommands[tb_slots]->at(i));            }        }    }    pD2DRenderTarget->EndDraw();    return S_OK;}HRESULT CD2D3D::Draw2D(ID2D1RenderTarget* pD2DRenderTarget, SDrawCommand* DrawThis){    HRESULT hr = S_OK;    ID2D1SolidColorBrush* brush;    switch(DrawThis->Draw)    {        case DRAW_LINE:            D2D1_POINT_2F A;            D2D1_POINT_2F B;            A.x = XMVectorGetX(DrawThis->p1);            A.y = XMVectorGetY(DrawThis->p1);            B.x = XMVectorGetX(DrawThis->p2);            B.y = XMVectorGetY(DrawThis->p2);            pD2DRenderTarget->CreateSolidColorBrush(DrawThis->Colour, &brush);            pD2DRenderTarget->DrawLine(A,B,brush,DrawThis->Thickness, NULL);            break;        case DRAW_LINE_PERSPECTIVE:        {            XMVECTOR Eye, At, Up;            Camera->GetEye(&Eye);            Camera->GetAt(&At);            Camera->GetUp(&Up);            XMMATRIX View;            View = XMMatrixLookAtLH(Eye, At, Up);            XMMATRIX Projection;            float* pFOVY,* pAspect,* pZn,* pZf;            Camera->GetProjParameters(&pFOVY, &pAspect, &pZn, &pZf, NULL, NULL);            Projection = XMMatrixPerspectiveFovLH(*pFOVY, *pAspect, *pZn, *pZf);            XMFLOAT3 point1, point2;            XMStoreFloat3(&point1, DrawThis->p1);            XMStoreFloat3(&point2, DrawThis->p2);            XMVECTOR vec1, vec2;            vec1 = XMVector3Transform(DrawThis->p1, View);            vec2 = XMVector3Transform(DrawThis->p2, View);            vec1/=XMVectorGetZ(vec1);            vec2/=XMVectorGetZ(vec2);            vec1 = XMVector4Transform(vec1, Projection);            vec2 = XMVector4Transform(vec2, Projection);            vec1/=XMVectorGetW(vec1);            vec2/=XMVectorGetW(vec2);            XMStoreFloat3(&point1, vec1);            XMStoreFloat3(&point2, vec2);                        D2D1_POINT_2F A;            D2D1_POINT_2F B;            A.x = width*(point1.x+1.0f)/2;            A.y = height*(-(point1.y-1.0f))/2;            B.x = width*(point2.x+1.0f)/2;            B.y = height*(-(point2.y-1.0f))/2;            pD2DRenderTarget->CreateSolidColorBrush(DrawThis->Colour, &brush);            pD2DRenderTarget->DrawLine(A,B,brush,DrawThis->Thickness, NULL);            break;        }        case DRAW_RECT:            D2D1_RECT_F R;            R.left = XMVectorGetX(DrawThis->p1);            R.top = XMVectorGetY(DrawThis->p1);            R.right = XMVectorGetX(DrawThis->p2);            R.bottom = XMVectorGetY(DrawThis->p2);            pD2DRenderTarget->CreateSolidColorBrush(DrawThis->Colour, &brush);            pD2DRenderTarget->DrawRectangle(R,brush,DrawThis->Thickness, NULL);            if(DrawThis->Fill)            {                pD2DRenderTarget->CreateSolidColorBrush(DrawThis->FillColour, &brush);                pD2DRenderTarget->FillRectangle(R, brush);            }            break;    }    return S_OK;}
Quote:
I couldn't build it in 2008 I had to start a clean project in 2010Beta and import the files and so on..... I did compile it in 2010. When I asked about why I had to do all that, and you replied, I was referring to building the binary; why isn't it included.

Is "it" Effects11 again? If so, the binary isn't provided because they are providing the source and expecting you to build it yourself.

Quote:
The line that isn't the most clearly articulated English phrase you've ever seen is an excerpt from a DX developers blog and I think it explains why I had to do this /MDd in relation to my doing this

I don't see how it does, and this hardly clarifies anything. Why don't you provide a link?

Quote:
I'm still creating the surface or at least everything up to creating the surface in DX11 but D2D is not supported by it yet!

This is a known and documented issue, I believe. It should be unrelated to whatever is going on with your /MDd weirdness.

Quote:
If I understand correctly because of the _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL which whatever I am accessing which is being accessed through D3DX11Effects.lib was compiled as debug, I now have to compile my D3DX11Effects.lib as a debug runtime lib. This will allow me to at least debug my code and will give me the chance to either remove D2D or do the 11/10.1 shared workaround....

This does not provide me, or anybody else, any information that is remotely useful to solving the problem. I am going to give you one more chance to try to clearly articulate your problem, and then I am going to write this off as a lost cause. You may want to read this.

This is what you've managed to, haltingly, communicate:
(1) You tried to build Effects11 with the VS 2010 beta.
(2) Something "didn't work" when you tried to link that library with your own code. I assume you also built your own code with the VS 2010 beta? If not, this is a likely source of one or more problems.
(3) You "fixed" the problem by specifying /MDd instead of /MD in the 2010 Effects11 project.

Is this correct? I am not interested in the D2D/D3D11 issues at the moment, as they do not appear to be related to this initial problem based on the information you have provided.

I assert that you should not need to use /MDd to fix whatever your original problem was. However, you have not adequately explains what your original problem was (as in, with complete error messages).

In general, using beta software for 'production' work is not recommended. You may also want to explore the cross-compiler option. I'm curious why you are even bothering to build the x64 library, since it sounds like you originally only had the 2008 Express edition and thus your own application couldn't be 64-bit.
Quote:Original post by Buttacup
Attempted to relocate to VS2010Beta......

*** Source Snippet Removed ***

Issues:
> What about the locking issues in the 2008 STL implementation? I have an application where the single greatest performance bottleneck is the thread locking in the STL.

In VC9 (aka VS 2008), the STL proper doesn't take locks in release mode. To clarify:

"In VC9" - we recently noticed that in VC10 Beta 1, the STL proper is taking locks in release mode. This was an unintended side effect of fusing _SECURE_SCL and _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING into _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL, and we've got a bug tracking this.

"the STL proper" - as in, things like vectors and algorithms, not iostreams. iostreams takes locks in order to allow cout to be used by multiple threads (since streaming through cout is a modifying operation).

Also, this excludes whatever happens during memory allocation.

-msdn blog

Hey this could be good??? Does this mean the lib file worked lolz

I had linked the blog, you must've missed it.....

That is explaining how values of a constant different in release and debug modes. It is not saying that the solution to your problem is to only compile in debug mode. In fact, elsewhere it is suggesting exactly what I have, that you're doing something else wrong to cause this error to manifest (mismatching dependencies, mainly). But your unwillingness to provide the relevant information seems to suggest that you don't actually care for a real solution, just the first thing that vaguely works, so... good luck.
My use of D2D with a DX11 render target is causing the mismatch and I will be correcting that.

I've been programming what I have for three months now and VS2010Beta has been available since at least last summer.

Migrating to x64 is not like migrating to XNAMath it is comparably quite simple and I have done both.

That last point said I do not speak VM and for this I apologize I will make future attempts at presenting my internal values more clearly and opaquely and will not use lazy context-free grammar..... I lie on all of those points... well I will maintain my apology although I am not quite sure for what(oh yeah not speaking VM.) I will also maintain that it is sincere!
I download the VC10Beta again and re-installed it. I also reinstalled the DX and Windows SDKs. After this I tried importing the VC9 Effects11 project with success. I compiled it 'as is' in VC10Beta successfully. I was still unable to build without the afore mentioned linker error(LNK2038) so I compiled the debug runtime Effects11 DLL and kept crunching.

So I started a new solution to precompile effects so I can get the IAinputSignature and ByteCode length for input layout creation and save it for general access by my buffer class. I just got to the part where I realize I need to create the device so I can get the Vertex Shader ByteCode length and not the length of the compiled effect! So I create the device and so on and I compile and

1>Link:1>  LINK : C:\Projects\Effects Pre-Compiler\x64\Debug\Effects Pre-Compiler.exe not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link1>  D3DX11Effects.lib(EffectAPI.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance1>D3DX11Effects.lib(EffectAPI.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in EPROM.obj1>D3DX11Effects.lib(EffectNonRuntime.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in EPROM.obj1>D3DX11Effects.lib(EffectLoad.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in EPROM.obj1>D3DX11Effects.lib(d3dxGlobal.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in EPROM.obj1>D3DX11Effects.lib(d3dx11dbg.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in EPROM.obj1>D3DX11Effects.lib(EffectReflection.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in EPROM.obj1>D3DX11Effects.lib(EffectRuntime.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in EPROM.obj1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library1>C:\Projects\Effects Pre-Compiler\x64\Debug\Effects Pre-Compiler.exe : fatal error LNK1319: 7 mismatches detected

same 7 mismatches and no D2D in the project..... So, my bad it had nothing to do with D2D... why it's happening not sure but Effects11 was fine until I created the Device.... I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough just thought I would correct this in case someone reads it and wastes their time as cause of me....

kk

[edit] I really meant the call to D3DX11CreateEffectFromMemory()... feel free to throw virtual objects at me! [/edit]

[Edited by - Buttacup on February 26, 2010 8:04:35 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement