Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

GDC 2010 - Expo

Started by Programmer One Mar 11, 2010 at 10:09 PM 6 replies 1.6k views
Original Post
Programmer One
Programmer One
I can not believe there isn't a lounge thread about the GDC 2010 expo. I mean, holy hell. I am going to remedy this immediately by showing you my GDC swag, followed by pictures of other less-important things. Swag: Swag. Yes, those are GameDev shot glasses. Eat it. Some idiots got in the way of my shot. Sigh. Please don't ban me. Washu kills some time by banning people: At least not me this time. Washu showing off the banning technology of GDNet V5: Top Secret!!!!!!!!1 hello.jpg nes8bit == programmer_one Ok? Ok.
Moe
Moe
Now that I've seen the banination screen, I feel like I've seen some secret part of the universe that I thought I'd never see.
M2tM
M2tM
I'm at GDC right now, I'm the one who got the warning level adjustment :). The screenshot does not contain the full warning message. Originally it was "alks about his rating." and then when I mentioned the missing T it was "Talks about his rating.Corrects moderators." I should mention the lack of a space after the period, but I'd rather avoid further warnings. ;)

Superpig was kind enough to share some of his pancake with me. It was delicious. Also, we rocked out on rockband at the Microsoft party, Promit was there too (and was the reason I went.)

Pretty cool shit!

Washu kicked my ass in the C++ programming test he has (which I -swear- I got right the first time I looked at it months ago directly after reading the C++ Programming Language) He's a cool guy too!

Then there was this other guy, he loves objective C and Java... I won't name names. ;)

Finally, I briefly spoke with Programmer One... Just long enough for us to both agree we had -seen- eachother's usernames on the forum in the past.

So yeah, had a blast today, cool guys all around!
_____"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
Wan
Wan
Quote:
Original post by Programmer One
Please don't ban me.

Who is being stabbed to death by Gaiiden in the back there?
M2tM
M2tM
Quote:
Original post by Wan
Quote:
Original post by Programmer One
Please don't ban me.

Who is being stabbed to death by Gaiiden in the back there?


That is a good question.
_____"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
bzroom
bzroom
Quote:
Original post by Programmer One
Washu kills some time by banning people:
< ban pic >


lol
oliii
oliii
Why is Programmer One still alive? What are the moderators doing about these traitors?

Quote:
Original post by Wan
Quote:
Original post by Programmer One
Please don't ban me.

Who is being stabbed to death by Gaiiden in the back there?


One at a time... One at a time.
Everything is better with Metal.
Gaiiden
Gaiiden
Quote:
Original post by Wan
Quote:
Original post by Programmer One
Please don't ban me.

Who is being stabbed to death by Gaiiden in the back there?

Not who - what. Booth trolls. You have to watch out for them. Mean, nasty little critters they are. Not much is known about them except they are a nuisance, like to shred your precious shoes protecting the feet that carry you everywhere during GDC and killing them is extremely difficult. I didn't kill any, but I wounded one. Then Dave poured some of its blood in a shot glass and drank it cause nes8bit dared him to. But then it gave him super strength and so he threw Richard across the Expo hall to prove that pigs can fly.

Or... I just hallucinated all this in my GDC-induced stupor.

Your choice.
Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.