MMORPG Big World Tech server

Started by
1 comment, last by Drew_Benton 14 years, 1 month ago
Big World Technology recently released an indie version of it's license. If you aren't familiar with the engine, it's made specifically for making an MMORPG. One of the members of MMORPG Maker has put up a demo server, so you can download the client, and check out the engine if you're interested. The most interesting feature about the engine, is that it's proven to handle 10K players on the same world, unlike other hobby or indie engines in this price range. So sure, you can get other engines, even free, to design a game, but none have the server capacity to truly handle a "massive" game. Here you go, if you want to take a look at the live demo: http://mmorpgmaker.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=10217
Advertisement
Moving to Your Announcements.
The news of Big World finally releasing an Indie version of its technology is quite a pleasant surprise. I've not checked in on them for quite some time now. Looking at the forums linked to and the BWT site, I think I might just check it out. Thanks for the news! I might have something fun to spend time on now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement