Make games w/ Flash 5

Started by
3 comments, last by elleb 22 years, 9 months ago
I learned C++ (array, vector, loop, control structures, search, sorting and class/object) and Scheme (another instructional language that I learned in more depth) in computer science courses at my uni and I'm experienced with web designing with Flash ('tho I never customized ActionScript) and have produced several websites whose interfaces are entirely or mostly in Flash. I'm interested in making some simple games with Macromedia Flash 5 just to entertain my younger siblings. However, I haven't come across a site with such a resource. One thing in particular: I want to create something like a puzzle. When the user drops the right piece of graphic over the appropriate receptor area, some consequential action occurs (like the score increases). I tried to look for tutorials on how to create such a thing, but I had no luck. Do you know where I can find such help? Thanks for advising, it'd really mean a lot! Edited by - elleb on August 6, 2001 2:28:57 AM
Advertisement
try flashkit.com, they have lots of tutorials and great stuff.
don''t they have a whole bunch of examples in the "help" menu? i haven''t used flash for awhile but i remember examples in there for a lot of different things. hope it helps

-epsilon
Which Help menu are u refering to? In FlashKit or here? Because I dont see a "Help" section in gamedev.net
I believe epsilon42 was talking about the help in Flash. I own both Flash 4 and 5 and they both contain many many example flash files that demonstrait various things. I do recall one Flash file doing something like you want it. It was more like a building block sorts, but still very similar.

Alex Ford
PointSoft EA Co., Ltd.
http://www.pointsoftonline.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement