DirectX Drawing Rectangles

Started by
11 comments, last by Zahlman 14 years, 1 month ago
what? they're all free.(turns out they are for pay now) Or many of the other sites are. You can't draw a triangle yet, those ones are definitely free.

If you're copy-pasting the code, you're doing it wrong and not learning anything. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the SDK comes with excellent documentation and good examples.

-me
Advertisement
All learn by next week.. I bought the DirectX book by Frank Luna, so hopefully I learn how to use it.
If I asked you for a hundred dollars would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?
Quote:Original post by Matthew Shockley
Why is that? It seems to me that rectangles would be easier to draw than triangles, but ok.... lol.

Any three points in three-dimensional space lie within the same plane (i.e. a two-dimensional "surface"). That is, if you take any three points in space and connect them up to make a triangle, you get a flat triangle. If you add a fourth point, that isn't true any more. So drawing a rectangle means, in general, that you have to specify how it "bends" to accommodate the non-flatness. The easiest way to do that is to "crease" it along one or the other diagonal, making two triangles. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement