Blender

Started by
10 comments, last by SIHOG 22 years, 8 months ago
How do I convert models made in program Blender so I could use them in my program in openGL ? Thank you !
Advertisement
I ''researched'' this a little while ago. You basically either use the dxf or vrml formats that it can export, or you write your own exporter using the Python scrypting language.

How many Microsoft employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, they just declare drakness as a new standard.
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
I thank you very much for trying to help me but I don''t thing I quite understand you. When I do sth in blender, the program just saves my models in format .blend , so I would be very thankful if you could write me the easiest way to do that, to use models made in blender in my openGL code

Thank you !
Write a model loader, it''s pretty easy. I normally write a convertion tool to convert the file to my own format, then I write a method of loading that format. See wotsit.org for information on different file formats.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
I am sorry to bother you again but I do not know how to do that and I didn''t find anything useful on that page so I am asking you if you could send me the converter that you made for yourself.
Thank you !
Ever format is different. I made that format specifically for the mini-engine I was experimenting with (the format was pretty primitive, but it worked for experimenting). The format you design should be what you need for whatever your project requires. Assuming you know the C or C++ file i/o libraries, you should easily be able to use one of the existing mainstream formats or convert it to your own. We can''t write everything for you, since every project has different requirements.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
I think he is more or less looking for the .blend format specs so he can load it

Try asking the blender community or NAN see if they will give it up for you!
that''s why I said to export it to dxf or write a plugin so it''s easier to load the model. the .blend format is very f---ed up.

How many Microsoft employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, they just declare drakness as a new standard.
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
You can check out my python script i use for blender
(basicly a complete re-write of w3d2.py) It uses tris, materials, matrix, uvtexture, and simple animation.
However, with blender''s iffy interface i cannot extract the script for the forum :o

should i email it?(the .blend file)

-bobert

How many bits could a blitter blit if blitter could blit bits?
How many bits could a blitter blit if blitter could blit bits?
Well, mail it to me...let me see !

And what do I have to do to make it work ?

Thanks !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement