C/C++ IDE?

Started by
12 comments, last by Matias Goldberg 14 years ago
Warcraft3 System requirements 1.3 GB available HD space 128 MB of RAM 400 MHz Pentium II or equivalent Visual Studio 2008 System requirements Minimum: 1.6 GHz CPU, 384 MB RAM, 1024x768 display, 5400 RPM hard disk Recommended: 2.2 GHz or higher CPU, 1024 MB or more RAM, 1280x1024 display, 7200 RPM or higher hard disk ======================================================================== Visual Studio 6 is too old. Dev-C++ 5 (MinGW) not a professional
Advertisement
Well Code::Blocks is a pretty popular IDE but I can't seem to find the requirements for it. Also, In my Java class in Highschool we used a pretty lightweight IDE called jGRASP. I liked it and I know it has C++ support, so you could try that if it's enough for your needs. I'm sure a Google search would yield a large amount of smaller, less popular IDEs you could check out too.
What Warcraft3 (from 2002) has to do something with C/C++ IDE?
imho MS VS IDE is the best tool for C/C++ development under Windows.
Some other cross-platform alternatives are Code::Blocks and Qt Creator (it can be used not only for Qt).
Quote:Original post by shakugan
Dev-C++ 5 (MinGW) not a professional

You pretty much exhausted the list of professional IDEs when you decided Visual Studio is not for you.

EDIT: Oh, is your VC++ experience suffering due to hardware limitations on your end, or are you boycotting it because of the high system requirements?
high system requirements......
It is slow, but I need it.
I do not know how to do.
high system requirements......
It is slow, but I need it.

May I then suggest a system upgrade? :) What kind of computer are you running it on right now?
Quote:May I then suggest a system upgrade? :) What kind of computer are you running it on right now?

My computer extremely qualified.
CPU T8100 2x2.1GHz
RAM 3GB

If you have other programs running,computer efficiency low.
I use Vim.
Or VS2008 Professional with ViEMU.

You can also turn off intelesense to get more performance out of Visual Studio.
Visual C++
*.exe preservation *.jpeg or *.bmp
Everything data save to exe.

Without writing code.
Your machine will run VS2008 just fine. You don't mention your hard drive speed, which can be a bottleneck during C++ compilation.

It is obvious that if you run multiple resource intensive apps, the performance of the computer is temporarily degraded. If you want to use a given program with highest possible performance, close down other apps that fight with it over system resources. That said, with my old machine (2 machines ago), I could easily use three VS2008 instances with only 2GB of RAM and the system was still quite responsive.

Visual C++
*.exe preservation *.jpeg or *.bmp
Everything data save to exe.

Without writing code.

This makes no sense.

Niko Suni

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement