Setting up D3D11

Started by
2 comments, last by stu_pidd_cow 14 years ago
I've decided to bump up from dx9 to dx11, but getting things set up isn't going so easy. I'm using VS2008 on Win7 64bit. I've installed the latest dx11 SDK and linked VS to the Lib and Include folders. When I try to compile one of the samples, I get all linker errors. For example, this is the D3D11 Empty Project sample: 1>DXUTmisc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DXTraceW@20 referenced in function "long __stdcall DXUTTrace(char const *,unsigned long,long,wchar_t const *,bool)" (?DXUTTrace@@YGJPBDKJPB_W_N@Z) 1>DXUTmisc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _D3DXSaveSurfaceToFileW@20 referenced in function "long __cdecl DXUTSnapD3D9Screenshot(wchar_t const *)" (?DXUTSnapD3D9Screenshot@@YAJPB_W@Z) 1>DXUTmisc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _D3DX11SaveTextureToFileW@16 referenced in function "long __cdecl DXUTSnapD3D11Screenshot(wchar_t const *,enum D3DX11_IMAGE_FILE_FORMAT)" (?DXUTSnapD3D11Screenshot@@YAJPB_WW4D3DX11_IMAGE_FILE_FORMAT@@@Z) 1>Debug\EmptyProject11.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals The program has already linked all of the .libs it needs, so it should just work, shouldn't it? Cheers.
Advertisement
Could it be this?
Hmmm... I think I'm a little confused now. So I compile either the DXUT Core or Optional project (\Samples\C++\DXUT11\), then copy the created .lib file to the Lib folder? I'm clearly doing something wrong because it's not working.
Nevermind. I got it working. Don't know how... I guess I just fiddled around a bit. Thanks for the help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement