Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

AIML Chatbot

Started by csharpprogrammer876 Jun 10, 2010 at 2:55 PM 0 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
csharpprogrammer876
csharpprogrammer876
Hi guys. I'm new....

I want to make a aiml chat bot in C#. I need help with the actual scripting of the aiml file. I dont know what thing are essential to script for a chatbot.

I don't know how to carry on a convo with a bot since its my first one.

What are the ESSENTIAL things a bot needs a response for?
alexjc
alexjc
What you need depends on your domain. Do you need a chatbot for taunting a player from within a game? Do you need to reply to negotiations in a strategy/diplomacy game?

The best way is to try it out yourself and see what you type. Then get your friends to try it and see what they type...
Join us in Vienna for the nucl.ai Conference 2015, on July 20-22... Don't miss it!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.